A nod to 80’s 4AD dream pop laced with goth. For fans of Dead Can Dance, Echo and the Bunnymen, Jesus and Mary Chain, Bowery Electric, very early Cure even. Soulful male vocals in that early 80’s way, soaring and epic, big strummy chiming guitars and crashing cymbals and washes of reverb, but all kept in check with a certain pop and melodic sensibility. Again, its hard to not draw analogies to epic classic 80’s bands, Ultravox, Roxy Music, great stuff.
1) slight gothy feel, strummy guitar and soaring male vocs
2) very 80’s and soaring
3) a simpler beat, chill and pretty
4) quiet intro to epic big dream rocker
5) builds to a full on epic reverby psyche fest, Jesus and Mary Chain, etc
6) another big epic track, very hooky chorus melody
7) enters quietly with a Joy Division melodic bassline, slight more swing to the beat
8) slightly more drawn down, slow head nod, still big and lush
9) slightly more jangly with a subtle tambourine
10) mellower parts mixed in, still very epic
11) mellow part again mixed in for another very epic effect, a great closer to the cd.