|Various Artists / Francophone Singles: December 2008|
|Album:||Francophone Singles: December 2008||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2008-12-07||Pull Date:||2009-02-08||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||8 Feb||1 Feb||25 Jan||18 Jan||11 Jan||4 Jan||28 Dec||21 Dec|
|1.||Mar 15, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Jul 14, 2009:||Vive la Revolution! At the Cafe Bohemian Bastille Day Special |
|2.||Dec 31, 2011:||Music Casserole |
Lagos Go Slow
|5.||Feb 05, 2009:||The B-Side |
Lagos Go Slow
|3.||Jul 24, 2010:||Music Casserole |
Le Deni De L'evidence
|6.||Feb 03, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Here are the best of the French singles we received for December from the Francophonie Diffusion network. Music from France and French-speaking countries. Styles range from straight-up French pop to African blues. Since these are hand-picked I can recommend any track.|
1. Deldongo “Fait Divers” from the album “Pueblo Populaire” 6:27 Fresh, fiery ultra-catchy French salsa with a sexy beat and great style.
2. Vincent Delerm “Un Temps Pour Tout” 2:38 from the album “15 Chansons” Hip and playful low-key pop with a hint of jazz and sexy male vocals.
3. Thomas Dutronc “J’aime plus Paris” 3:05 from the album “Comme un Manouche Sans Guitre” Hip midtempo blend of gypsy jazz and rock with cool male vocals and lots of style.
4. Joseph D’Anvers “Kids” from the album “Les Jours Sauvages” 3:23 Down/midtempo modern fun in French & English w/a cooly dark vibe & catchy hook.
5. Manu Dibango “Lagos Go Slow” 3:50 from the album “African Woodoo”. Wickedly hip, sexy, downtempo Afro-soul/jazz/electro blend. So delicious!
6. El Hadj N Diaye “Adduna” 5:04 from the albu “Geej” Beautiful downtempo African blues with gorgeous male vocals and a sleepy, trippy feeling.
7. Thomas Fersen “Les Mouches” 3:24 from the album “Trois Petits Tours” Relaxed midtempo pop with a quirky feeling, male vocals, and a sweet no-frills kind of charm.
8. Coralie Clement “C’est La Vie” 2:29 from the album “Toystore” Relaxed sexy kitten vocals in a sunny midtempo sway.
9. Mes Aieux “Le Deni de L’evidence” 4:16 from the album “La Ligne Orange” Fun, odd mix of everything from folk to bluegrass with varying tempos but great energy throughout. Unpredictable.