|Waristerror Terroriswar / Thebrutalrealityofmodernbrutality|
|Add Date:||2009-01-25||Pull Date:||2009-03-29|
|Week Ending:||1 Mar||22 Feb||15 Feb||8 Feb||1 Feb|
|1.||Sat, 28 Feb 09:||Edwin|
Lost and Found
|4.||Tue, 17 Feb 09:||James Painter|
Reelin' in the Years
|2.||Wed, 18 Feb 09:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|5.||Fri, 13 Feb 09:||Joy & Kyle|
Pants down in the Oval Office
|3.||Wed, 18 Feb 09:||Red West|
The Heart of KZSU
|6.||Sat, 07 Feb 09:||Edwin|
Lost and Found
Yes, it's sarcastically sung antiwar tunes with Jonathan Richman-on-coke/opiates vocals. Some post-punk influence as well as no wavey DNA-like noodling improv in parts. Also some moments sound disjointed like Actoon. Most songs are based around piano. Definitely give track 8 a listen, even if this isn't your thing. FCC: 4, 11|
*1. Urban tribalism -> antiwar piano hoedown!
2. Alternates between unison marching post-punk and piano-led rockouts.
3. Piano ballad with drums turns into a DNA song and then shakes it off and continues and then turns into DNA again to end.
4. Bass, piano, vocals trip along. Sort of like that Serbian* band Actoon. FCC "fucking" at the end.
*5. Quick and light piano with lazily sarcastic vocals about revolution.
*6. Sparse, bluesy piano/guitar/drums all galumph to nowhere. Vocals that are too lazy to get up off the fucking couch.
7. Noodle noodle noodle. Vocals get dragged off that couch. If you're in the mood...
**8. 'Spoken word' piece: stoners change the world!
9. Vocal sample is messed with, drums, shit being broken, improv in the DNA way.
10. 50 seconds of silence
11. Another piano ballad. Silly verses about his lack of musicality loop over and over for 19 mins. Goes quiet for a few seconds, then comes back in several different times. Someone's gotta play it. Ends in static. FCC: fucking at 15:26 remaining, 10:28 remaining, 5:30 remaining, 0:30 remaining