|Smegma / Live 2004!|
|Add Date:||2009-02-08||Pull Date:||2009-04-12||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||15 Mar||8 Mar||1 Mar||15 Feb|
|1.||Mar 11, 2009:||Brownian Motion |
|4.||Feb 11, 2009:||public noize racket |
|2.||Mar 04, 2009:||The Heart of KZSU |
|5.||Feb 10, 2009:||Reelin' in the Years |
|3.||Feb 25, 2009:||Brownian Motion |
Really good musicians playing imrpov noise. Spacey & psychedelic, rock parts with singing, samples, synth noodling, avant jams all in the mix. Tracks 1,4 most radio friendly length, 3 & 5 8-9 mins long. (When I was a freshman DJ, I remember seeing an old “multi-speed, multi-axis” extra spindle drill-hole 7” with Smegma on one side, was surprised 10 years later=10 years ago to be visiting Portland and seeing flyers for Smegma, and now realizing they’re still around. Jello’s intro states they’ve been playing since 1973!)|
1. 1.5 min intro, Jello (no cursing), then multi-layered free noise with acoustic wind instruments and feedback elec guitars.
2. TV sounds in into, then loose but well-played psych/space rock jam. Nearly 17mins
3. even more out-there, synth tones, outer space transmissions from the 50s. Sorta pulls together
4. Has vocals. Fast. Set closing radio-friendly length piece.
5. Improv sounds with a cold feel
|4.||N.O. Horns||9.||Flutes & Toys|