|mikhailova, irina & B. Smiley / Nightflower|
|Artist:||mikhailova, irina & B. Smiley||Added:||12/2008|
|Add Date:||2009-01-25||Pull Date:||2009-03-29||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||8 Mar||22 Feb||15 Feb||1 Feb|
|1.||Wed, 04 Mar 09:||Red West|
The Heart of KZSU
|4.||Sat, 14 Feb 09:||Eme O|
|2.||Sat, 21 Feb 09:||Edwin|
Lost and Found
|5.||Sat, 31 Jan 09:||Edwin|
Lost and Found
|3.||Tue, 17 Feb 09:||Dannaman|
|6.||Tue, 27 Jan 09:||Dannaman|
Mix of "D" and "W" sounds on this one. Local singer, originally from Kazakhstan, over drums, bass, electronics like the Orb. Generally very chill, though a few are more upbeat (see #6). Always sounds great, although some definitely stand out. #1 is fantastic. All songs 5-7 minutes or so. FCC Clean.|
**1. Wow. ~1 min. Chill ambient soundscape, then like a darker "La Femme d'Argent" (Air): nice bass line that brings Spiritualized to mind, various percussion, great vocal chanting, Orb-like electronics.
*2. Crickets -> stand up bass, BoC guitar, violin flourishes, chanting, spoken word. Solid drums & bass on this one.
3. Some vocal layering, Orb-like bass & electronics
4. Delicious cello-like electronics to start, more active bass and vocal chanting
5. Hand drums, chanted and hushed spoken vocals, bass that reminds me of DJ Shadow
*6. Starts with people talking, then the finally get their act together to make a nice groove with hand claps, layered vocals. Sounds like At the Cafe Bohemian territory to me!
7. Repeated vocals that sorta remind me of "Halber Mensch", but less scary. Builds with hip-hop beat, then drums.
8. On the more upbeat side, vocals get a little cheesy/poppy, but nice dark electronics underneath.
9. Another more upbeat one with chanting, propulsive bass line enters at 1 min. Disappears into more crickets.
10. Foreboding, builds slowly. More dancey.
11. Drums are the focus here for the most part, though there's also chanting.
|1.||Song Of Laya||6.||Kenza|
|2.||Night Flower Remix||7.||Mori Moma Remix|
|5.||Dereye Remix||10.||Harem (Irina's Edit)|