Filipino jazz vocalist singing in 8 languages and dialects of her homeland. Explores the “Harana” a tradition of courtship expressed through music…usually men singing below a lady’s window. She has a warm, expressive voice and a sophisticated style. Good stuff. All slow and romantic, but with a fresh take. Might remind you of Hawaiian music at times.
*1. Slow w/strings like an Italian folk song. Really pretty.
2. Soft, gentle strings and crystal-fragile vocals.
*3. Light percussion, soft guitar, a warm swaying tune. Sweet.
4. A touch of Gamelan, vocals & percussion. Interesting.
5. Gentle touch of danzon w/an aching, romantic sway.
*6. Vocal duet w/a hint of dark passion. Very well done.
7. Slow, tragic, almost Sephardic in a way. Good vocals.
*8. A gentle, late-night serenade. Soft and warm.
9. Lots of drama, softened w/a warm, sweet arrangement.
10. A pledge of love w/emotive vocals & warm guitar.
11. Warm w/a relaxed sway & sweet melody.
12. English ballad, original tune. Not my favorite track.