She’s been performing for 60 years, and has lost none of her passion and style. The Cuban diva delivers a delicious release full of warm tones, romantic music and great guest stars (such as Trilok Gurtu, Chucho Valdes, and Richard Bona.) Every track is a gem and it’s all so wonderful. Beautiful arrangements & gorgeous work from all make this a superior Cuban jazz release. Gorgeous!
1. Slow and romantic, lush and beautiful. Like a first dance. Sigh…
2. Slow, delicate w/ rich piano & a modern touch from bassist Avishai Cohen.
3. Spanish/Portuguese duet w/Chico Buarque, down/mid blend of Havana & Bahia.
4. Dramatic, downtempo & passionate. Becomes a mid jazz ballad.
5. Slow, gentle w/beautiful acoustic guitar. Such emotion…wow.
6. Sweet midtempo vocal duet w/a relaxed sway. Picks up a bit. Cool.
7. Elegant, romantic, slow & a bit sad w/lush strings & warm piano.
8. Duet w/her granddaughter, midtempo, playful mostly a capella. Yay
9. Sweet ballad w/light strings, keyboard, gentle tabla. Just lovely!
10. Lightly swaying bossa-infused vocal duet w/style for days.
11. Chucho on piano leads this slow, romantic dance. Lush.
12. Sweet, downtempo but tinged with hope & sweetness. Warm.
13. Richard Bona adds an Afro-jazz touch to this midtempo sway.