|Ursula 1000 / Mystics|
|Artist:||Ursula 1000||Added:||Feb 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-03-22||Pull Date:||2009-05-24||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||May 24||May 17||May 10||May 3||Apr 26||Apr 19||Apr 12||Apr 5|
|1.||Jan 28, 2022:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon (rebroadcast from Dec 3, 2013) |
|4.||Dec 24, 2013:||Pumping Iron / Winter Solstice Cooldown |
|2.||Oct 27, 2016:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants! |
|5.||Dec 03, 2013:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon |
|3.||Dec 31, 2013:||New Year's Eve Sunshine In The Afternoon with Katdelic |
Do It Right
|6.||Nov 12, 2013:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon |
Ursula 1000 – Mystics|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 3/4/09
Funky-ass electronic dance music with a lot of cheek, not to mention bottom end (so move ya boo-tay!) A lot of the sound is reminiscent of 80’s post-new-wave electronica, but it’s also got some psychedelia and hints of exotica – and it’s just plain lots of fun. I needed this record right about now!
Might be FCCs on track 7, but it was so hard to tell that I’m thinking it doesn’t matter. I like everything – probably 6 and 9 the most.
1. 0:35 lightning crashes and alarming chords.
2. 3:19 ***funky midtempo electronic beat – cheered me right the hell up! Gnarly bass sound, vocal harmonies, goofy lyrics, pinch of psychedelia.
3. 3:37 ***totally different electronic funk – 80’s sound, video game noises, exhortation to the dance. Fun!
4. 5:02 **rather uptempo snares and blats, hip hop vocals.
5. 4:07 **downtempo syncopated beat, slinky female singing.
6. 3:28 ****midtempo swingy and complex funk beat with berembao, hip hop vocals.
7. 3:52 **beats ‘n’ blats, nerdy hip hop vocals – a lot more fun than it probably sounds. Plus – gratuous mention of chupacabra. Could well be FCCs in Brazilian Portuguese – who knows…
8. 4:30 ***blats… then funky syncopated groove. Sound collage stuff – few vocals, but total dance club feel. Bit of flamenco guitar for bravado.
9. 5:00 ****electronic disco – I think the handclaps are from “Car Wash”… Vocals consist of “eep”. Huh! Cool bass – this really has no right to be this groovy…
10. 3:30 ***swingy drum, growly bass. Crazy!
11. 4:22 ***funky midtempo swing, female dancehall in Jamaican patois.
12. 4:23 **electronic percussion, thick bass, terribly mysterious vibe (pretty goofy – but it’s meant to be. Are those whips cracking?)
13. 4:49 **starts simple 4/4, big cinematic vocals, adds all sorts of sound, like bongos for example.
|1.||Summoned From The Void||7.||Zombies|
|2.||The Wizard||8.||Do It Right|
|6.||Losin' It||12.||This Magick|