|Kollar, Matt And The Angry Mob / Farewell Adventure!|
|Artist:||Kollar, Matt And The Angry Mob||Added:||Feb 2009|
|Add Date:||2010-10-03||Pull Date:||2010-12-05|
|Week Ending:||Nov 14||Oct 31||Oct 24||Oct 10|
|1.||Nov 12, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
|4.||Oct 19, 2010:||Daydream Disaster |
|2.||Oct 29, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Oct 08, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
|3.||Oct 22, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
|6.||Oct 05, 2010:||Daydream Disaster |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Lots of stuff going on here: Americana / folksy / theatricalness / big sounds. Really magnetic sound, some Decemberists, Bright Eyes, Elton John. Harmonica, mandolin, piano, organ, drums, great mix of instrumentation. FCC’s #3 and #6.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 11, 12.
1. (2:42) Mid. Instrumental intro, then spoken vocals with background vocals and various noises. Very epic and energetic, cool harmonica, fades out.
2. *(4:34) Mid. Easy-paced with drums, guitar and harmonica a-la Neil Young. Cool nylon string guitar flourishes. Female backing vocals.
3. (2:55) FCC ‘shit’ Mid / Fast. Vocal start with backing instrumentation, then killer harmonica, drums, guitar. A bit of Bright Eyes.
4. *(4:20) Mid / Fast. Guitar, spoken vocal intro, launching into big kickdrum, chimes, accordion. Cool lyrics, great song. Spoken vocal outro.
5. *(4:56) Mid / Fast. Acoustic guitar, banjo inside a big sound. Kick-ass instrumental break. Backing vocals. Weird finish, somehow out of place but it works.
6. (2:46) FCC ‘fuck’ Mid / Fast. Crackling vinyl sound under a spoken word ornithological treat, with bird sounds, launching into song.
7. *(3:16) Slow / Mid. A few minor chords inside a rather happy tune. Beautiful drums, guitar, horns. Great chorus at end, fades out.
8. *(4:25) Mid. Organ, drums predominate. Really cool instrumental break with 2:15 remaining. Guitar solo with harmonica support and chorus ending.
9. (5:00) MId. Piano intro. A bit of Elton John. Big sound with drums and piano. Anthem sounding. Fades out.
10. (3:15) Mid. Guitar, vocal intro. Song about the sun. Brushes on the drums, horns, really nice.
11. *(5:46) Slow / Mid. Ominous piano, heavy song. Signature song. Cool female spoken vocal. Piano solo ending.
12. *(4:57) Mid. Mandolin intro with marching drums throughout. Female backing vocals. Trippy organ phrases. Very theatrical song a bit like The Decemberists. Harmonica near the end with a quiet drawn-out ending.
|1.||Bon Voyage!||7.||Birds On A May Morning|
|3.||Suburbia Blues||9.||Surf Song|
|4.||Cartwheels||10.||Who's Gonna Bring The Sun?|
|5.||Daydreaming||11.||The Red Wagon|