|Vetiver / Tight Knit|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2009-03-15||Pull Date:||2009-05-17|
|Week Ending:||May 10||May 3||Apr 26||Apr 19||Apr 12||Apr 5||Mar 29||Mar 22|
|1.||Oct 07, 2016:||Road Trip |
|4.||May 05, 2010:||Lyric Ballads/Spider Rave |
More Of This
|2.||Sep 03, 2010:||Leland Lives! |
|5.||Apr 16, 2010:||The Knife |
|3.||May 26, 2010:||Lyric Ballads/Spider Rave |
|6.||Dec 18, 2009:||Alma & Papa Mahler |
Introspective, gentle folk, pop from SF-based group. Still primarily acoustic, but electronic instruments & effects are used, giving this, their 4th album, a more refined (polished?) sound. This album also has more early 70s rock elements than previous albums, and they are used well. FCC clear. All tracks are great.|
1) * Dreamy folk with country flavor. Soft rolling drums.
2) * Real nice echo effects on guitar. Kinda Mark Knopfler style guitar work.
3) More energetic. Pop song about love (I know! For once).
4) Nicely stripped down – just guitar, voice, simple drums. Lyrics about moving, leaving, ending.
5) Finger picking acoustic guitar over ethereal synth backdrop.
6) Drum machine keeps a steady beat while Cabic sings of being worry-free. Sounds good.
7) * A lil’ rockin’ & super catchy. Check the beat & guitar work.
8) * Horns and clavinet make this one a real groove.
9) * Folksy shuffle with an exotic synth hook, and some shimmery stuff happening in the background.
10) Ambience with vocals & lolling guitar.
|1.||Rolling Sea||6.||On The Other Side|
|2.||Sister||7.||More Of This|
|3.||Everyday||8.||Another Reason To Go|
|4.||Through The Front Door||9.||Strictly Rule|
|5.||Down From Above||10.||At Forest Edge|