|Psapp / Camel's Back, The|
|Album:||Camel's Back, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-04-19||Pull Date:||2009-06-21|
|Week Ending:||Jun 21||Jun 14||Jun 7||May 31||May 24||May 17||May 10||May 3|
|1.||Jan 19, 2020:||Alphabet Soup |
|4.||Oct 01, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
I Want That
|2.||Mar 28, 2016:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
I Want That
|5.||Jul 09, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
I Want That
|3.||Dec 31, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
|6.||Apr 30, 2010:||The Songsmith Show |
What is this stuff? Jazzy, poppy, folky, funky? It’s all that. And more. It’s unclassifiable, which I find alluring. Organ and drums predominant. Related bands are Rilo Kiley, The Ditty Bops, and a bit of the Doors. Female singer, a London based duo. No FCC’s. My favorites are 1, 3, 9, 12.|
Note: All tracks have several seconds of silence at end. Track #1 also has 4 seconds of silence at beginning.
1. (3:51) Mid/Fast. Funky, free-jazz-inspired sax set behind a driving beat with cool lyrical delivery. Four seconds of silence before song begins.
2. (4:23) Mid. String section inside an almost carnivalesque atmosphere – but not bizarre.
3. (1:55) Slow. Toy piano? Pump organ? Out-of-the-ordinary instrumentation, very sparse with a soft vocal delivery.
4. (2:45) Slow/Mid. Keyboard and drums prominent, but very mellow.
5. (3:26) Mid. Vocal intro with guitar until band comes in. Short phrasing of vocals.
6. (3:59) Slow/Mid. Doors-ian intro with dreamy organ and drums predominant over a mellowing vocal delivery.
7. (3:55) Mid. (Instrumental) Carnilval-like soundscape with chimey organ. A tick-tock phrasing persists throughout. Hypnotic and mellow.
8. (3:00) Mid. Upfront drums. Staccato vocals with playful organ and some cat-like purring near end.
9. (3:58) Mid/Fast. Heavy kickdrum solo intro along with playful xylophones/organ. Drum driven tune and drumlike vocal delivery.
10. (2:51) Slow. Quiet, mellow vocal backed by only a piano and organ.
11. (0:51) Mid. (Instrumental) Bizarre, indecipherable instruments. Great stuff, too bad it’s not longer.
12. (4:20) Mid/Fast Jazzy, funky and fun. Great sax solo toward end. All elements of album seem to coalesce in this tune.
|1.||I Want That||7.||Marshrat|
|2.||Part Like Wavevs||8.||Fix It|
|3.||The Camel's Back||9.||Mister Rant|
|5.||The Monster Song||11.||Homicide|
|6.||Somewhere There Is A Record Of Our Actions||12.||Parker|