|Kinky / Barracuda|
|Add Date:||2009-03-15||Pull Date:||2009-05-17|
|Week Ending:||17 May||10 May||3 May||26 Apr||19 Apr||12 Apr||5 Apr||29 Mar|
|1.||Sep 18, 2022:||Zootopia |
The Day I Lost The Beat
|4.||Sep 13, 2022:||Zootopia |
Fuego En La Fábrica
|2.||Sep 18, 2022:||Zootopia |
|5.||Sep 07, 2022:||Zootopia |
|3.||Sep 14, 2022:||Zootopia |
|6.||Sep 01, 2022:||Zootopia |
Kinky – Barracuda|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 3/6/09
Funky, blatty electronic pop from top Mexican hit-makers. Groovy beats, beefy bass, goofy squonky electronics, and a singer whose voice melts teenybopper knickers on contact – what’s not to love? So they’re huge (at least in Mexico), so they’re unabashedly pop, not to mention retro-80’s – they’re also just utterly ear-candy. So sue me!
No FCCs that I could hear. I love everything, but track 10 is NUTS!
1. 3:23 **swingy midtempo syncopation, keyboard & bass, very butt-wiggleable.
2. 3:21 **psychedelic synth drones, then very 80’s post-disco sound, dance groove. Very pop, but with a wonderfully blatty synth solo midway through.
3. 3:02 **slightly downtempo electronics with massive fuzzy bottom end (ooh, er!).. vaguly hip hoppy vocals in English.
4. 4:05 **big chugging rock with…. squeegles. Vocals both spoken and sung.
5. 2:18 **tweedles and growly bass. Gee, that’s a fun combo! Very downtempo
6. 3;09 **uptempo, big fat pop music. Lyrics in English – dunno how he lost a chunky 4/4 like this … goes straight into next track.
7. 2:21 **lots of squeepy electronics – instrumental.
8. 3:46 **uptempo and aggressive, huge bottom, sweet vocals in Spanish.
9. 3:06 **very uptempo, sort of a frug, or possibly a jerk. Lots of fuzz.
10. 2:53 ****funk disco – just sick fun! Why’s it so damn SHORT?
11. 3:41 **whooshes and almost whispered singing. Very uptempo and bouncy.
12. 3:11 ***syncopated percussion and big guitar. Sweet singing – I think it’s to throw you off guard…
13. 1:36 **electronic buzz, then bass stomp and electronics. Mostly instrumental.
14. 3:54 ***Ha! Beepy electronic mambo, ever so funky and groovy. Fades to what should be claves and maracas except they’re electronic… and back.