|Fidel / Crucial Cuts|
|Add Date:||2009-03-08||Pull Date:||2009-05-10||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||10 May||3 May||26 Apr||19 Apr||12 Apr||5 Apr||29 Mar||22 Mar|
|1.||Nov 21, 2017:||Laptop Radio |
|4.||May 16, 2009:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Feb 15, 2015:||CLEAN COPPER RADIO |
|5.||May 09, 2009:||New World Disorder |
Brown Skin Girl
|3.||Dec 19, 2009:||Best Disorders of 2009 |
Motin Antibabilonia (With Alerta And I Jah Bones)
|6.||May 02, 2009:||New World Disorder |
Roots Reggae from Argentina. One of the members of Todos Tus Muertos (and lots of guests), doing politically-tinged roots, some dancehall, lots of nyahbinghi drums, and a couple of exceptionally gnarly dub tracks. Mostly in Spanish.|
No FCCs detected. All really good – I could have thrown a lot more stars at this puppy.
1. 5:00 ***a bit downtempo minimalist skank with nyahbinghi handdrums, farfisa, dubby bits. Instrumental with really cool bits of percussion.
2. 6:19 **downtempo roots skank, guest trombone by Rico, moody but politically charged feel.
3. 3:27 ***midtempo jaunty skank with lots of bounce. Slight vocoder on the vocals, but not enough to raise hackles. Very sudden cut off.
4. 4:44 ****dubby midtempo skank, reggae singing in Spanish and dancehall diatribe in English. Nice instrumental bit in middle.
5. 6:23 ***somewhat uptempo energetic skank, also with singing in Spanish and dancehall in English. Celebratory vibe.
6. 4:08 ***somewhat uptempo, pretty singing in Spanish. Swingy.
7. 4:00 **relaxed, groovy, beachy uptempo instrumental skank with vibrato-laden keyboards.
8. 2:10 **downtempo reggaefied cover of a mariachi favorite, with dancehall rap for second half.
9. 4:01 **midtempo roots bubble with nyahbinghi handdrums.
10. 5:03 **live downtempo acoustic (lots of audience noises), fun sound with farfisa and blatty horns.
11. 4:02 *rather downtempo bubble with nyahbinghi hand drums (basically the same song as the last track, different recording.)
12. 3:39 **very slow dubby instrumental skank with soulful sax. Apart from the occasional siren in the background, mellow and groovy.
13. 6:12 ****odd dubby intro, then rather uptempo skank with gnarly horns and keyboards. Dancehall vocals in Spanish, rather offkey and stoned…
14. 4:11 ***midtempo rock steady/nyahbinghi (same riddim as track 9) with guest vocals in English. Very pretty.
15. 4:09 ****sticky, gooey dub of track 9. Gnarly!
16. 5:00 ***live recording (same like track 10) all dubbed up.
17. 0:51 **downbeat jazzy something with VERY VERY VERY stoned talking.