|Allen, Lily / It's Not Me, It's You|
|Album:||It's Not Me, It's You||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Allen, Lily||Added:||Mar 2009|
|Label:||Capitol Records Inc.|
|Add Date:||2009-04-26||Pull Date:||2009-06-28|
|Week Ending:||Jun 21||Jun 14||Jun 7||May 24||May 17||May 3|
|1.||Apr 13, 2022:||Femme Fatale (rebroadcast from Mar 5, 2014) |
Never Gonna Happen
|4.||Jul 05, 2010:||Big Love Show |
|2.||Mar 05, 2014:||Femme Fatale |
Never Gonna Happen
|5.||Jan 08, 2010:||Time Traveler (Top Indie CDs of 2009) |
|3.||Aug 07, 2013:||Beach Blanket Bingo |
|6.||Oct 03, 2009:||Music Rollercoaster |
Everyone's At It
Artists: Lily Allen Album: It's Not Me, It's You|
Lily goes to the night club. This release takes Allen's Super-Sass Brit-power-pop into the realm of techno with electronic beats and voice modulation. Think Katamari Damacy. Look for less bouncy bratty music ala her first album and more chilled out lyrics with complex electronic background sounds. Definitely good music, if you don't mind a little bit of dirty subject matter. Still fun, but don't expect the same Lily Allen.
1. Fun, very clubby dance music. Heavy bass, repetitive drum loops, and a pharmaceuticals-abuse bent. Includes some cool sound effects.
**2. More techno beats, but with a more floaty vocal style. Nice buildups to the more powerful parts of the song. Its a chill-out song, not a pump-up.
3. Wild west beat, harmonized vocals. Good amount of energy. About sex.“spent years giving h***” “You never make me scream” It's censored, but use discretion.
4. Snaps! Some parts almost recall down-south jazz, with a solid booty-bass beat.
5. Piano solo intro, with a progressive build into the more clublike body of the song. Sad and lonely lyrics.
**6. Strong beat intro, fast talking and tambourines. Throw in some overdriven guitars and some ahhhhhs and you get quite a fun little piece of techno, showing Lily's apologetic side.
**7. Most classically sassy song on the CD. Bass beat, accordians and xylophone!
8. Radio editing makes this song difficult to listen to, but the words are rather clever and the beat is acceptable.
9. Slow, cute, love song with an ambulating beat. About “taking it slow”
10. Airy song with ahhhhs and deep deep bass, melody tests the top of Lily's vocal range. Continued theme of love from last song.
11. Song about what God thinks about all of us. Slow and introspective, but worth a listen.
12. 1940's piano background with nice layering and pleasing melody. Abrubt ending.
|1.||Everyone's At It||7.||Never Gonna Happen|
|2.||The Fear||8.||F*** You|
|3.||Not Fair||9.||Who'd Have Known|
|5.||I Could Say||11.||Him|
|6.||Back To The Start||12.||He Wasn't There|