|Cissoko, Ablaye & Volker Goetze / Sira|
|Artist:||Cissoko, Ablaye & Volker Goetze||Added:||03/2009|
|Add Date:||2009-03-22||Pull Date:||2009-05-24||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||10 May||3 May||19 Apr||29 Mar|
|1.||Oct 09, 2009:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Faro, Sira, Lountang
|4.||Apr 15, 2009:||KZSU's Hearatbleeps |
|2.||May 08, 2009:||The Rent Party |
|5.||Apr 14, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Apr 28, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Mar 25, 2009:||Baseball Aftershpw |
Recorded in Senegal, this collaboration between singer/kora player Cissoko and German trumpter Goetze is a warm and soothing set of original compositions in the African folk tradition, lightly accented by European trumpet jazz. Both performers are accomplished. Cissoko has a warm and emotional voice with quiet power, his kora is fluid and assured. Goetze’s trumpet threads through in interesting ways that sound almost improvised at times.|
*1. Slow, solo kora then voice, trumpet adds a melancholy thread.
2. Relaxed, fluid duet with a quiet melody and a gentle warmth.
*3. Reflective, serene with soaring vocals & liquid trumpet melody.
4. Downtempo with trilling kora alternating with sweetly gentle horn.
*5. Slow, warm vocals, dreamy kora. Gentle and peaceful.
6. Slow kora and vocals, the trumpet meanders through.
7. Down/midtempo, nicely integrated voice, kora, trumpet.
8. Light and warm with the trumpet taking a more obvious role.
9. Slow, sweetly lyrical with nicely warm vocals.
10. Relaxed blend, muted trumpet, trilling kora.