|Pinkmountain, Scott And The Golden Bolts Of Tone / Full Sun, The|
|Album:||Full Sun, The||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Pinkmountain, Scott And The Golden Bolts Of Tone||Added:||03/2009|
|Add Date:||2009-06-21||Pull Date:||2009-08-23|
|Week Ending:||9 Aug||2 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun|
|1.||Thu, 10 Sep 09:||MC Dizzy Jackson|
The Songsmith Show
|4.||Thu, 06 Aug 09:||ric thomas|
in the groove
|2.||Sat, 08 Aug 09:||Edwin and Edwin|
lost and found
|5.||Thu, 30 Jul 09:||ric thomas|
in the groove
|3.||Sat, 08 Aug 09:||Eme O|
|6.||Sat, 25 Jul 09:||Eme O|
Folksy, jazzy avant-garde, orchestral, this album has a lot going on including some really dark, depressing and devastating lyrics, revolving around a love gone wrong. Challenging to listen to at times, I found some interesting things here. Start with 1, 4, 6, 12. No FCC’s.|
1. (3:47) Slow/Mid. Begins with minimal instrumentation of piano and voice leading to a full band with strings. A bit of Josh Ritter, folksy.
2. (5:35) Mid. Ominous with big band, brooding lyrics. Quieter passages with electric guitar solos and background band.
3. (1:36) Mid. Cecil Taylor on acid. Avant-garde jazz, with dreamy ending. Leads into…
4. (5:50) Mid/Fast. Dual drums open, electric guitar a la 70’s classic rock. The music and lyrics seems to try, unsuccessfully, to sound like Zappa. Tripped-out guitar solo half-way through, very psychedelic. Cool organ, leads into…
5. (3:36) Mid. Finishing thought of previous song to begin, then transcends into guitar drone and trippy, jazzy drumming. Really spacey shit.
6. (10:09) Slow/Mid. Return to ‘normalcy’, with sparse instrumentation and focus on lyrics, which are dark and foreboding.
7. (14:06) Mid. Avant-garde beginning with crazy horns, mellows out a bit, then in comes orchestral instruments. Lyrics of despair and darkness. Instrumental part in middle with electric guitar soloing. A roller coaster of emotional passages, very dramatic. Ends with a drum march and bleeds into…
8. (1:23) Slow. Percussion madness under a psychotic male/female humming.
9. (3:41) Mid. Drum-heavy, 60’s, 70’s retro sound, maybe a bit Beach Boys. Cool change half-way through. Nice standard instrumentation, bleeds into…
10. (0:50) Slow. Droney type stuff.
11. (6:51) Slow/Mid. Dark lyrics with similar dark instrumentation, including a gong and psychotic organ. Heavy shit, would not fit in well at a wedding.
12. (7:52) Slow/Mid. Strumming guitar and vocal, self-loathing lyrics. Cool organ and horn passage. Great background vocals. Big wall of sound ending, fades out, with 15 seconds of silence at end.
|1.||Song Of Solomon||7.||Unforgiven|
|2.||I Shall Not Be Released||8.||Sundowing|
|3.||Solar Flare||9.||You Gave Me This|
|5.||Supernova||11.||Angel Of Death|
|6.||Abyssinia||12.||To Love Is To Die|