|An Horse / Rearrange Beds|
|Label:||Mom + Pop|
|Add Date:||2009-05-10||Pull Date:||2009-07-12|
|Week Ending:||14 Jun||31 May||24 May||17 May|
|1.||Jun 13, 2009:||Music Casserole |
|4.||May 17, 2009:||Aural Sex |
|2.||May 24, 2009:||Aural Sex |
|5.||May 14, 2009:||Palo Alto Pop Overthrow |
|3.||May 19, 2009:||tomayto and tomahto |
|6.||May 12, 2009:||I once was Canadian |
|Walter E. Gough|
This grammatically challenged band was shepherded into the indie spotlight by admirers Tegan & Sara. The Aussie duo of drummer Damon Cox and singer/guitarist Kate Cooper apparently used to romantically linked as well, so the to tunes double as breakup therapy. Power-pop focused, the record sounds like there are more than just two people mashing away. An Horse can walk and gallop, but doesn’t use in-between paces much.|
For fans of: Rilo Kiley, Deathcab
1. (3:39) FCC Violation offensive language. Plus they have a lyric about Live Through This being a good album. Love didn’t even write it, did she? At best, it’s a bad Cobain record.
**2. (2:30) Jangly guitar and hooky vocals with tambourine bells. Gets stuck in your head.
3. (3:47) Slow build-up to fuzzed-out crescendo.
4. (3:05) Up-tempo travel romp with a catchy chorus and lengthy breakdown.
5. (4:16) Power-pop song goes back and forth between distortion and straight playing.
6. (2:45) Pounding drum beat and buzzing guitars with lyrics about groping.
*7. (5:23) Slower and more subtle in first 3:30, then goes full blast.
* 8. (3:13) Double-time drums intro to rollicking tune with both band members singing.
9. (4:35) Goes between simple drum taps and whirling guitar lines
10. (2:51) Bittersweet ballad with simple musical backdrop.
|1.||Camp Out||6.||Little Little Little|
|3.||Company||8.||Scared As Fuck|