|Halloween, Alaska / Champagne Downtown|
|Artist:||Halloween, Alaska||Added:||Mar 2009|
|Label:||East Side Digital|
|Add Date:||2010-10-03||Pull Date:||2010-12-05|
|Week Ending:||Nov 7|
|1.||Dec 05, 2010:||the seductardation |
|3.||Oct 31, 2010:||FLASHBANG RADIO: HELLAWEEN |
|2.||Nov 04, 2010:||And Other Useful Bibles |
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Lots of keyboard and vocal effects here. Kind of spacey, ethereal stuff. Almost an ’80’s new wave sound at times, also has that Kraftwerk thing going on a bit. Mostly slower tunes. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 1, 4, 6.
1. *(5:51) Slow / Mid. Quiet beginning with keys, drums. Ethereal, hints of T-Bone Burnett. Cool vocal fx with 2:57 remaining.
2. (4:58) Mid. Drums predominate. Up-front vocal. Guitar solos, trippy changes.
3. (3:17) Mid. More drum-driven sounds. Almost Cure-sounding guitar at times. Care-free vocal delivery.
4. *(4:41) Slow / Mid. Heavy instrument manipulation like a drum machine or keys. Spacey, jazzy with brushes on the drums.
5. (3:45) Slow / Mid. Quiet guitar and drums. Abrupt change halfway through, then returns. A bit anthemic.
6. *(4:39) Mid. Weird machine-like fx. Cool female spoken vocal parts. Fades out.
7. (3:41) Slow / Mid. Keys fx, hollow-like. Drone-ish phrases. Energetic phrases.
8. (4:30) Slow. Wacked-out vocal delivery, almost like a heroin state. Trippy and hollow instrumentation and vocals.
9. (4:52) Mid. Heavy keys and drums, easy vocal delivery. Heavy production, wall of sound towards the end.
10. (4:22) Slow / Mid. Tunnel vocal, drums and keys predominate. Spacey but easy listening.
|1.||Hot Pink||6.||Chanpagne Downtown|
|3.||The Ends||8.||Be A Man|
|4.||Gone With The Wind||9.||Hurry Up|
|5.||The Hollywood Sign||10.||Knights Of Columbus|