|Greater California / All The Colors|
|Album:||All The Colors||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-06-07||Pull Date:||2009-08-09|
|Week Ending:||26 Jul||19 Jul||12 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun||21 Jun||14 Jun|
|1.||Dec 31, 2018:||Clean Copper Radio HAPPY NEW YEAR! |
|4.||Jul 16, 2009:||in the groove |
Pacific Ave. Corridor
|2.||Jul 23, 2009:||in the groove |
The Foolish Son
|5.||Jul 09, 2009:||in the groove |
The Foolish Son
|3.||Jul 22, 2009:||Brownian Motion |
Them The Downs
|6.||Jul 02, 2009:||The Songsmith Show |
The Soft Lights
Retro sounds of the 60’s and 70’s, invoking The Beach Boys and a bit of The Doors. Lots of keys/organ, great drumming and some sitar, with lyrics about Colors. Very accessible. Stephen Hodges (Tom Waits sideman) plays on a few tracks. My favorites are 1, 5, 7, 10. No FCC’s.|
1. (2:41) Mid. Piano intro leading to band then vocals. Nice backing vocals with drumming predominant. Epic build-up at end.
2. (3:53) Slow/Mid. Trippy, spacey feel with drum-heavy parts in-between the verses.
3. (3:04) Mid. Quick drum intro, leading into band then vocals. REM-ish quality.
4. (4:41) Mid Beach Boys-ish sound. Alternates from heavy to lighter beat and sound, incorporating tambourine.
5. (6:36) Slow/Mid. Long, quiet intro with keyboard and sitar. Soft, deliberate vocal delivery. Doors-ish.
6. (2:28) Mid. Again, REM influences, really has that same kind of beat and instrumentation.
7. (3:55) Mid. Keyboards prominent, trippy and carnivalistic with short passages of lyrics, band humming at end underneath lyrics.
8. (3:22) Slow/Mid. Soft and mellow, airy, bird-like organ effects. Good for early morning, late evening, or quiet set play.
9. (2:45) (Instrumental) Slow. Quiet guitar intro with dreamy organ effects.
10. (5:15) Slow/Fast. Drawn-out vocal delivery on top of similar
instrumentation. Very sparse with a lot of air until heavy drumming and full band. Ends quietly as begun.
|1.||All The Colors||6.||Charmer|
|2.||Them The Downs||7.||The Disappearing|
|3.||Five Senses||8.||Almost Sunshine|
|4.||The Foolish Son||9.||Pacific Ave. Corridor|
|5.||It's Great||10.||The Soft Lights|