Traditional Celtic music with a modern flair. Electric fiddle, electric guitar and bass combine to give these jigs and reels a harder edge than usual. This Seattle-based band is also joined by congas, synth, and other flourishes. It’s unexpected with the guitar providing at times an angry rock jam that contrasts to the sweetness of the fiddle. Good stuff, all instrumentals. Well played.
*1. Fast jig w/a gritty, urban edge. Dark and kinda greasy.
2. Sweet midtempo w/a more traditional sound. Fun & catchy.
3. Slow and warm, full of longing and sadness.
*4. Set of 3 tunes, starts mid, picks up, rock guitar & folk fiddle & perc
*5. Energetic slide w/dark guitar licks and happy e-fiddle. Gets crazy
*6. Fast jam w/a crazy blend of Appalachia, Brixton, and Memphis.
*7. Fast bluegrassy slam w/cool harmonica & wicked good energy.
8. Down/midtempo blend of sweet folk and backroom grit.
9. Fast w/screaming guitar & steaming fiddle.
10. Hip bass, clashing guitar, upbeat fiddle. A totally modern dance.
11. Spacey synth intro electrically morphed Celtic hoedown. Odd.
12. Three dances, upbeat w/fiery playing and modern style.
13. Starts slow, picks up later into a modern toe-tapper w/clogging.
14. Slow synth into melancholy lament.