|Irish Experience, The / Green Energy|
|Artist:||Irish Experience, The||Added:||03/2009|
|Add Date:||2009-04-19||Pull Date:||2009-06-21||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||21 Jun||14 Jun||7 Jun||31 May||24 May||17 May||10 May||3 May|
|1.||Wed, 16 Nov 16:||Decca|
At the Cafe Bohemian
|4.||Thu, 08 May 14:||Shineymic|
|2.||Tue, 02 Jun 15:||The DJ Formerly Known as . . .|
Mix Tape: That's Not Not Bluegrass
|5.||Wed, 14 Mar 12:||Alan|
|3.||Thu, 05 Jun 14:||Mayjahn|
Late Night Lurve
|6.||Mon, 16 May 11:||Moose|
Moose Ain't Here Right Now
Traditional Celtic music with a modern flair. Electric fiddle, electric guitar and bass combine to give these jigs and reels a harder edge than usual. This Seattle-based band is also joined by congas, synth, and other flourishes. It’s unexpected with the guitar providing at times an angry rock jam that contrasts to the sweetness of the fiddle. Good stuff, all instrumentals. Well played.|
*1. Fast jig w/a gritty, urban edge. Dark and kinda greasy.
2. Sweet midtempo w/a more traditional sound. Fun & catchy.
3. Slow and warm, full of longing and sadness.
*4. Set of 3 tunes, starts mid, picks up, rock guitar & folk fiddle & perc
*5. Energetic slide w/dark guitar licks and happy e-fiddle. Gets crazy
*6. Fast jam w/a crazy blend of Appalachia, Brixton, and Memphis.
*7. Fast bluegrassy slam w/cool harmonica & wicked good energy.
8. Down/midtempo blend of sweet folk and backroom grit.
9. Fast w/screaming guitar & steaming fiddle.
10. Hip bass, clashing guitar, upbeat fiddle. A totally modern dance.
11. Spacey synth intro electrically morphed Celtic hoedown. Odd.
12. Three dances, upbeat w/fiery playing and modern style.
13. Starts slow, picks up later into a modern toe-tapper w/clogging.
14. Slow synth into melancholy lament.