Contemporary Fado from this singer w/a sexy, slightly husky voice and a sophisticated style. She takes the tradition and updates it with modern arrangements & solid work from her band. But it’s her voice that carries it all. She has all the emotion and power required for a good fadista but with the style of a jazz singer. In English & Portuguese
*1. Swaying and sexy w/a bright melody & light touch.
*2. Sweet guitar w/a touch of Brazil, then relaxed & warm vocals.
*3. Slow vocals, guitar. Lots of passion w/sweeping vocals.
4. Classically tragic fado but w/a modern arrangement. Lovely.
5. Slow w/lush strings & a cinematic sweeping quality.
6. Midtempo w/good use of percussion & strings. Emotional.
7. In English. Slow, folksy tribute to Amalia Rodrigues.
*8. Bright and lyrical w/sweet strings and vocals.
9. A hint of bossa, English love song to Portugal.
10. Slow and passionate that gets lush & orchestral.
11. Slow, husky w/rich strings, light perc & much sadness.
12. Downtempo piano e-guitar, soaring vocals.