|Coathangers, The / Scramble|
|Label:||Suicide Squeeze Records|
|Add Date:||2009-06-14||Pull Date:||2009-08-16|
|Week Ending:||26 Jul||19 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun||21 Jun|
|1.||Sat, 03 Apr 10:||the BIG CHIEF|
On The Warpath
|4.||Sat, 18 Jul 09:||Edwin and Edwin|
lost and found
|2.||Sat, 27 Feb 10:||Eme O|
|5.||Wed, 01 Jul 09:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|3.||Sat, 25 Jul 09:||Eme O|
|6.||Thu, 25 Jun 09:||The Joker|
Punk, garage rock, four-piece girl band, all tunes are pretty kick-ass. Guitar, drum heavy, mostly screamed-out vocals with some novelty stuff thrown in. I like the whole lot, start with 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13. FCC’s on #’s 8, 9, 11, 14.|
1. (0:05) Intro to…
2. (2:40) Mid. Layered intro of instruments. Fairly tame until wall of guitar.
3. (2:37) Mid. Hypnotic, high pitch guitar riff, cool lyrics, really catchy.
4. (3:11) Mid/Fast. Tripped-out, psyche shit with drums predominant and wacky guitar effect. Cool stuff.
5. (2:29) Mid/Fast. Cool duo lyric delivery on top of more of an accessible instrumentation than other tracks.
6. (3:09) Mid. Seemingly out-of-place, very accessible with an easy vocal delivery, would probably be the ‘hit’ – but not for me.
7. (3:49) Mid. A whistle, a scrub-thingy (?), cool beat. Whispered lyric with about a minute left ‘til end.
8. (2:06) Mid/Fast. A Billy Idol ‘Dancin’ With Myself’-like intro. Shoegazing and screamed-out vocals. Really cool shit. FCC ‘Fucking’ several times.
9. (2:18) Mid/Fast. Great beat, heavy drums, cool spoken lyrics toward end. FCC ‘Fucking’.
10. (2:24) Mid/Fast. Chime-y thing under a girl-school-like delivery. Playful and upbeat.
11. (1:52) Mid. A radio/TV voice intro about drugs. Really punk, cool bass, lyrics about fighting. I dig this. FCC ‘Fucking’.
12. (2:51) Mid. Bizarre, spoken phrases about some spacecraft and the ‘moon going out of orbit’ amidst a trippy psychedelic/carnival soundscape. My pic of the album.
13. (1:41) Slow/Mid. Someone’s acid trip involving a horse and a cat inside a drumbeat and handclaps.
14. (2:29) Mid/Fast. Bass drum, tambourine, understated guitar, killer chanted lyric delivery. FCC ‘Fuck’.
15. (0:17) Outro Marching band, back-masking.
|1.||Intro||8.||Gettin' Mad And Pumpin' Iron|
|3.||Stop Stomp Stompin'||10.||143|
|4.||Time Passing||11.||Arthritis Sux|
|5.||Bury Me||12.||Sonic You|
|6.||Dreamboat||13.||Bobby Knows Best|