SIRSY (pronounced "sir - see"):
This FIERY, SULTRY, SOULFUL, INDIE POP ROCK DUO is a musical breath of fresh air in the too often homogenized landscape of indie rock. SIRSY is fronted by the charismatic Melanie Krahmer who critics call a girl with a "stunning voice capable of a lion's roar and a floaty whisper"... a girl "with the lungs of a teenage athlete and the growl of a sixty-something blues singer". Krahmer is also the band's drummer, playing a full drum kit (while STANDING UP), bass parts (on a keyboard with her drum stick), a few Ian Anderson-esque flute solos and melodica, too. Sharing the stage is bandmate and co-writer, Rich Libutti on guitar. Libutti also sits in on piano and bass, and he even plays bass parts on a keyboard at his feet, and the occasional snare part with his feet (during Krahmer's flute solos - so the drums don't stop). Startlingly full sound... catchy, energetic, soulful... Inventive Rock and Roll. While their music is radio friendly, and their looks are eye-friendly, the material is actually REALLY good. Like pop songs used to be before MTV".
"LITTLE BAND, BIG SOUND!" - (The Boston Globe)
REVIEW BY "Ranger" Rick Dickow 6/25/09
1.*** Sultry vocal, catchy melody, booming guitar. "Break some ground! Make your own revolution!"
2. ** longer :-( Dynamic layered guitars. Solid. Minor chords.
3. ** Well written song with guilty loving feeling..
4. * slower = drags. same formula (verse/chorus/bridge..)
5. ** love ballad w/catchy chorus melody. long. Dynamic
6. ** FCC "shit" She hates Billy. Emotionally driven = Rock On!
7. * Slow it down. Consistent with the other tracks. Wailing on the mic is not a good thing, here. A weak tune that drags on.
8. ** Nice vocal on catchy tune that takes its time. Pleasant melodies and chorus.
9. ** Mid-tempo of happy flavor. "Hoo hoo hoo!" Cosmic.
10. ** Slow. "Sometimes..Hope Shines." with strings