|Love X Nowhere, The / High Score Blackout|
|Album:||High Score Blackout||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Love X Nowhere, The||Added:||04/2009|
|Add Date:||2009-11-15||Pull Date:||2010-01-17|
|Week Ending:||10 Jan||3 Jan||27 Dec||20 Dec||13 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov|
|1.||Aug 27, 2021:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|4.||May 01, 2015:||Time Traveler |
|2.||Feb 14, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|5.||Sep 20, 2013:||Time Traveler |
|3.||May 05, 2017:||KZSU Time Traveler |
|6.||Jun 28, 2013:||Time Traveler |
Note: Pronounced “The Love TIMES Nowhere”.|
Rescued from direct-to-main. Local, out of SF. Two brothers and others. Half fuzzy Moody Bluesy indie pop, half new wave / post punk. The fuzz is competent, but the rockier stuff is the good stuff. Shoegaze djs, feel free to spin the slow songs. 8 & 10 for more mainstreamy glam-informed emopop. Need a burrito break? Play track 9.
try: 2, 5, 4 (FCC), 9
FCC: 6 “bitch”, 4 “fuck” (barely audible)
1. abrupt and fuzzy. careening, limping time signature. like an intro to an echo & the bunnymen track.
*2. classic! jerky fast new wave / post punk. has a similar beat to “never say never” by the romeo void (!!). melodic chorus, hoppin bass, very 80s male vox. niiiice.
3. a builder. starts fuzzy, slow, pretty. shakers + tambourine + piano + strings. doubled guitar and vocals. full sound + epic harmonies come in for the last 2 min. solo piano outro.
*4. FCC (“fuck”) a good old freeway rock song. barrel guitar verses, fuzzy & loud 8-bit chorus. the main melody sounds ganked, but i can’t place it. is that “feed your head” in the vocal vamp? abrupt end -- fade out last few seconds instead.
*5. please play this back-to-back with pavement’s “conduit for sale”. spoken word lyrics over psych “ooh”s, laid-back bass and warbly, banjo-y guitar.
6. FCC (“bitch”) fast-paced punk lite. tunnelling guitar and rockin vocals. cool breakdown with sharp acoustic, brass, and keys. surf guitar outro. early fade.
7. slowww. synth keys + ambiance + padded bass drum + shimmery cymbals. sleepy/dreamy. gets kinda big, but ends quiet.
8. draggy coffeehouse strummed/picked acoustic ends hard-hitting and loud. basic, yet effective. has a little t. rex in it.
*9. (9:11) low-key instrumental psych. very soft/minimalist to start. bird/screech noises, shimmery cymbals, some trumpet, horror-movie piano, lots of washy fuzz. tappy cymbals + occasional bass at 2 min. guitar/piano cohesion at 3 min. looped bass + increased brass at 4 min. full band bit at 5 min. big blatty brass sound at 7 min. the outro starts quiet & loopy, but ends hard.
10. pretty/sad. mostly acoustic guitar + upfront vocals to start. full band midway for mid-slow mellow emopop. honestly, sounds a little like elton john.
11. (7:30) long effectsy intro. at 2 min, bright picked solo guitar over shimmery rhythm and easy drum kit. ends with guitar + warm bop bass + military snare.
|1.||Tomorrow's Retreat||6.||Another Monkey On The Vine|
|4.||Terra Fuego||9.||High Score Blackout|
|5.||The Gyre||10.||The Diz|