|Various Artists / Fabriclive.44: Commix|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Apr 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-11-08||Pull Date:||2010-01-10||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Dec 20||Dec 6||Nov 29||Nov 22||Nov 15|
|1.||Jan 16, 2010:||lost and found |
Dangerous, Guillotine (Breakage Remix)
|4.||Dec 15, 2009:||TagLines |
Lynx & Alix Perez - Dangerous - Soul:R
|2.||Jan 13, 2010:||An Epiphany Of Sound - Guest J.C. |
Dangerous, Guillotine (Breakage Remix), Thugtronic, Recon, Bellevue (Dbridge's Bellereviewed Remix), Justified, Hard Times, Suppression, I'm Free, Abstractions
|5.||Dec 05, 2009:||lost and found |
Spectrasoul - Suppression - Unknown
|3.||Dec 16, 2009:||... Over the Hump |
Commix - Bellevue (Dbridge's Bellereviewed Remix) - Metalheadz
|6.||Dec 03, 2009:||night moves: instructions on becoming a disco legend |
Lynx & Alix Perez - Dangerous - Soul:R, Spectrasoul - Suppression - Unknown
Fabriclive 44: Commix|
Deep/dark Liquid Drum n Bass. 170+ bpm amen breaks, "rollers". Heavy grooves with swirling snarling basslines, Commix definitely maintain a cohesive vibe throughout the dj set's narrative (i.e. it all sounds the same in a good way). Mmmmm mmmm deep vibes perfect for some late night meditation. Its a DJ set so most tracks start at the drop. Turn up the sub!!! Try 3, 4, 9/10 for starters but it's not really about the individual tracks just the vibes. No FCCs but maybe unsuitable for infirm family members.
1. Spacious amen break, filled out with breathy noises and sonar-esque blips thick with reverb. First track so includes the intro building into the drop. Deep.
2. Breathy textures continue, faster stuttering hi-hats, japanese electronics style blips. Bad boy bass wub wub wub. Track makes more sense when the first track builds into it, so maybe a bit incongruous if you play this directly after your favourite indie band.
3. Sliding, plummeting bass drops targeting your solar plexus. On a proper club system this is the kind of riddim that can induce nausea. i.e. great track.
4. This track extends the lyrical minimalism (single words of the previous tracks) into brief 2 line phrases about "playas" and "hard times". Filtered pads swirl upwards. Bass contour drops, rises back up into a focussed wobble. Track breaks and drops again around the middle.
5. Spoken word talking sample snippets, sparse marimba/xylophone-esque trails echo occasionally over the beat. Insistent bass ostinato, rising pads.
6. Similar japanese electronics style blips as in track 2. Bass snarls more as a more abrasive distorted midrange is added. More upper range frequencies as the track builds, string melodies and blips forming a more dominant melodic line.
7. More of the same vibe. Probably more confusing if played in isolation.
8. Short intro, photek-style snares. This track is called Thugtronic, descriptive title thats what it sounds like.
9. Slowly building track, insistent sub pressure, entrancing.
10. 2-step kick snare gradually gets filled in with hats, echoing vocals. Fades out way too quickly (wicked track but only a minute in length), so might want to play this with track 9 building into it, but this is a bad boy riddim dun know.