|Prefuse 73 / Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian|
|Album:||Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-07-19||Pull Date:||2009-09-20|
|Week Ending:||20 Sep||13 Sep||6 Sep||30 Aug||23 Aug||16 Aug||2 Aug||26 Jul|
|1.||Jul 29, 2010:||Value Machine |
|4.||Sep 15, 2009:||Partly Cloudy |
Simple Loop Choir
|2.||Sep 20, 2009:||Quasi Music Therapy |
|5.||Sep 13, 2009:||Quasi Music Therapy |
Nono, Oh Is It
|3.||Sep 19, 2009:||Hyper Bass |
Hairy Faces (Stress)
|6.||Sep 07, 2009:||Quasi Music Therapy |
Whipcream Eyepatch, Hairy Faces (Stress)
Prefuse 73 - Everything She Touched Turned Amplexian|
The paper said this was recorded using analog methods rather than digital, but doesn't sound that way. The whole album moves pretty quickly, there are so many short tracks and interludes - doesn't really give you enough time to get into any particular song, which is why I tend to like the longer tracks. The album has its moments, but unfortunately they don't last long enough. Try 7, 14, 22, 27.
No FCCs. Reviewed by Truc Nguyen
1. (0:51) Harmonized vocals, distortion.
2. (0:36) Consistent dancey beat.
3. (1:04) )Rattling and percussion with underlying chillness.
4. (0:14) Woman's vocals.
5. (1:19) Mid-tempo beats with some electronic loops.
6. (0:37)** Mid/fast. Interesting weaving of sample.
7. (0:45)*** Ethereal vocals with synthesizer, gets more interesting and layered with different beating sounds at 1 minute.
8. (3:48) Fast-ish traditional hip-hop beats with breathy vocals at end.
9. (0:48) Sounds like he was just messing around with different electronic samples.
10. (1:01) Tribal beats, lots of sampling.
11. (0:47)Bird-like noises and sweet melody.
12. (1:25)** As the name would suggest, a chill interlude with some xylophone? and lots of reverb.
13. (1:12) Electronic acid-trip ish music turns into bassy bounce with breathy vocals.
14. (3:41) *** Mid-tempo with interesting use of strings. Repetitive beat keeps it chill and consistent.
15. (0:40) Droney interlude.
16. (0:38) Angular, sharp percussion sounds.
17. (2:48) Clanging sounds and looped vocal samples, really repetitive. Slows down at the end.
18. (0:41)Slow with lots of metallic tapping.
19. (1:36)Really electronic overdubbed feel.
20. (1:59)** Looped screamy vocals with glitches. Second half is great.
21. (1:29)Hissing sound, ambient end.
22. (3:19)*** Slower, more introspective track. Harmonized electronic vocals.
23. (3:36) Sharp, chaotic mess and shrill beeping. Vocals at around 2 minutes.
24. (0:53)* Bouncey, goes from low to high pitch and beginning. Honestly, I don't even remember this track.
25. (4:16) Breathy vocals and with a noisy soundbed, gets less noisy at parts but resumes. Sounds like too much is going on.
26. (2:41) Beepy melody, almost child-like. Synthy accompaniment.
27. (1:20)** Probably the most organic sounding track. Really light vocals, lets the natural beat dominate.
28. (0:36)Unmemorable, really. More of the same vocals.
29. (4:03))Sounds tense, plays with a lot of weird noise samplings. Could be the score to a dirty, gritty horror movie.