|Legendary Stardust Cowboy, The / Paralyzed!! His Vintage Recordings, 68-81|
|Album:||Paralyzed!! His Vintage Recordings, 68-81||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Legendary Stardust Cowboy, The||Added:||May 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-11-01||Pull Date:||2010-01-03|
|Week Ending:||Jan 3||Dec 13||Nov 22||Nov 15||Nov 8|
|1.||Nov 07, 2013:||The Sunset Life |
|4.||Oct 12, 2012:||Late Night Dryer |
|2.||Nov 09, 2012:||Late Night Dryer |
|5.||Mar 12, 2010:||Buford J. Sharkley's Titular Multiplicities |
|3.||Oct 18, 2012:||The Sunset Life |
Who's Knockin On My Door
|6.||Jan 07, 2010:||Death By Committee and Emphysema Orange |
if johnny cash had aspergers and was a bad clueless comedian doing karaoke night, you'd get the legendary stardust cowboy. does killer bird calls. the greatest performer of his generation. ass trumpet solos, yelped vocals, frantically strummed guitar, mashing drums, and a cowboy costume act that couldnt quite sing but sung like hell. one of the greatest performers, novelty acts and joke rockers that ever existed. esssential for fans fans space rock, punk, country, odd vocalists, psychobilly, surf rock, genius performers.
fcc clean- brick
1) paralyzed.holy shit this cowboy can yelp. the drums shred. but that yelping, so infectious, and out of nowhere, a killer mangled americana trumpet solo (of the same variety that got me my jaw broken) best track of the decade.
2) relaxed doodly do cowboy constipated croon, with a honky tonky country slow breeze and drums that get thrashed
3) ballad about a chevy with a pegasus, and meeting your true love by the wrecking yard, guitar strut calls and responds with an awful trumpet, but great vocal delivery by the cowoy
4) about taking a spacetrip, woooo. with great, serious, discernible vocal delivery on this, no tourettes yelps. reminds me of jonathan richmanb. got covered by david bowie.
5) lounge pop orchestration + xylophones and the cowboy = great bad lounge music. the vocals are karaoke caliber genius.
6) faux johnny cash bad love song, about not getting big
7) great love song, solo warped guitar and the cowboy shows his full vocal range, wants to take a girl home trigonometry, cause he likes to study figures. tremendous ass trumpet solo.
8) cool ballad where he wails for a gloria, trumpet
9) the legendary stardust cowboy shows off his bird calls. amazingly bad rhymes. then a slow downer space ballad about donna plus apollo space program innuendos.
10) a more produced and discernible recording of paralyzed (tr 1.) with a guitarist who can actually play and discernible lyrics. do not play. half assed version of a classic.
11) pulsing and surprisingly coherent surf rocker with the cowboy yelping over it.
12) quick ballad about his baby trackin him down like radar
13) the worst cover of fly me to the moon you've ever heard with a cold war era diatribe in the middle
14) quick interview w/ the cowboy space fascination. great snippet.
15) low lounge lizard bass w/ the cowboy giving western flying saucer ballad, with a restrained vox. great track.
16) short ditty, about a dysfunctional ma in a cast iron apron, nothing wild.
17) the cowboy doesnt yelp, he's just way out of tune naming types of cactus and rambling. great shit.
18) pulsing staccato drums, and the cowboy getting out some fierece feral calls, trying to defeat the tiger. wildly psychedelic.
19) your standard cowboy doodly do ballad
20) spoken track, the legendary stardust cowboy shows off his rebel yells and elephant cries.
21) neat synchopated cowboy yelp to start, and quick, funky strumming and pulsing drum.
22) spoken track about not being a fruit, funny
23) the cowboy sings like a beatle, to mr songwriter, to write him a song a the moon.
24) explosions like dynomite and the cowboy make this take this surf rocker.
25) clippy clop cowboy bluesy ballad w/ spoken vox