|Hexlove / Your Love Of Music Will Be An Important Part Of Your Life|
|Album:||Your Love Of Music Will Be An Important Part Of Your Life||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-11-29||Pull Date:||2010-01-31||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||10 Jan||13 Dec||6 Dec|
|1.||Jul 22, 2010:||Value Machine |
|4.||Dec 05, 2009:||On The Warpath |
|2.||Jan 05, 2010:||Miscelleanous Meltdown |
Scattered At Last
|5.||Dec 05, 2009:||lost and found |
|3.||Dec 06, 2009:||Folktronic |
|6.||Dec 04, 2009:||Songsmith Sub |
Sonrise, Boose Who, Caged Heat
Excellent experiemental ambient & drone. First CD is atmospheric and hazy (drums & synths), the second pairs drone with more structural elements real nicely. Maybe you’ll hear similarities to books, grizzly bear, volcano!. I like the cover art. No FCCs.|
Disc 1 – Spacious sounds, reverberated vocals – Try 1, 4, 5
1) (8:34) Light, atmospheric looped guitar; faraway & smudgey vocals (male & female).
2) (7:37) Shimmery electronics with frenetic high-pitched, jazzy drums – warm and all over the place.
3) (7:29) Spacey drone, similar to 3
4) (13.38) Beautiful! Hypnotic waves of bright, then rainy white noise, into more structured rhythm, echoey harmonies.
5) (5:08) Aleatoric - watch out for u-turn at ~3:20.
6) (4:04) Quirky, playful sounds.
Disc 2 – Angular compositions, some frantic drumming – Try 2, 3
1) (5:17) Interesting drum- & harmonica-driven song
2) (15:18) Super-catchy bass taken from the book of Kraut, slides into a smooth drone with distorted vocals that sound like whale song. Very good.
3) (8:02) Rolling drums, frenetic chimes
4) (10:22) Layers are off just enough to make this eeeeerie (“trust nothing”)
5) (8:20) Dense drums, heavy bass backdrop
|1.||Caged Heat||6.||Scattered At Last|
|2.||Boose Who||7.||Nets Of Nextoplasm|
|5.||Trust Mouth||10.||Trust Nothing|