|Artist:||American Folklore||Added:||May 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-07-26||Pull Date:||2009-09-27|
|Week Ending:||Sep 13||Sep 6||Aug 30||Aug 23||Aug 16||Aug 9||Aug 2|
|1.||Jan 06, 2011:||And Other Useful Bibles
|4.||Sep 03, 2009:||Alternatives
|2.||Feb 07, 2010:||You Can Do What You Want!
|5.||Sep 01, 2009:||Hipster Garbage (sub)
|3.||Sep 09, 2009:||Subbing - A Surprise Awaits You
|6.||Aug 29, 2009:||lost and found
try: 5, 3, 1, 6
FCC: 4, 9
*1. opens with the bass bend from ‘papa was a rolling stone’, but ends up sounding like ‘ride my see-saw’ (moody blues). wacky percussion, tambourine, handclaps, cheerleader callouts, a big band radio sample, picked guitar.
2. uptempo. bells and spoons. crackly lo-fi vocals in the chorus. bass breakdown at 2:10.
*3. rockin bass and harmonica. low-reg beck-style vocals. cool twangy keys breakdown at end.
4. FCC lean and mean groove. sparse banjo, harmonica, handclaps under breezy vocals. nice beat & guitar effects.
*5. oh, the twang. slower, indier vocals. percussion that sounds like moving machinery. could be travis. winds down with “da da da da” singalong vamp.
*6. jazzy flute, funk beat and totally unexpected synth. sounds like stick-drumming on bicycle spokes and trash cans. beck beck beck.
7. low vocals (the cheerleader callouts are back!) and acoustic guitar. 8-bit samples and synthy bass.
8. kicks off with a lot of noise. straight vocals, chorus harmonies, strummed acoustic guitar, a time signature that seems unsure of itself. truly random outro.
9. FCC start at 0:27 to skip profanity. weird rap / sample / girl-vox combo. not sure if it works.
10. acoustic country-tinged folk, sighing beachy “ah” backing vocals. guitar, warm bass, vocals, and very occasional vibes only. no drums.
|3.||Switchblade Comb||8.||We Are All Together|
|5.||16 Bit||10.||Tinhorns And Calico|