Wau y los Arrrghs!!!
Reviewed by Sadie O., 5/29/09
Exuberant and demented 60’s garage punk from Valencia, Espana. Drum, bass, fuzz guitar, farfisa, and vocals more vomited than sung – just exactly what more could you ask for? Think in terms of the entire Nuggets/Pebbles catalog, and experience joy. This is the upper colonic for you, friend!
No FCCs detected. Lots of gnarly noises, though!
1. 2:03 **fast garage rock, prominent farfisa, bit of gronching. Rock out!
2. 2:34 ****midtempo groovy rockin’ frug with big bass, compelling chorus.
3. 2:13 ***fast ‘n’ sloppy jerk. Yippee!
4. 3:05 **midtempo fuzz stomp
5. 2:16 ***fast frug with some dandy bass runs and sloppy guitar solo.
6. 2:32 ****more or less the slow dance number, which makes it midtempo and reverby more than anything else. A wee bit psychedelic. Grab your sweetie and wobble for 2.5 minutes.
7. 3:03 ***chicken picking guitar, surf stomp drums, spits and roars. OK!
8. 2:38 **rather melodramatic intro, then midtempo dance-floor masher. We didn’t really do mosh pits back in the 60’s, but we COULD have…
9. 2:58 ***groovy uptempo stomp with harmonica, jolly chorus.
10. 2:13 **superfast masher with chorus in English. Wogga wogga wogga!
11. 2:21 ***uptempo hot rod rocker with bits of Link Wray riffs. The Big Daddy Roth monster will manifest before you if you crank this one.