|Hopkins, Jon / Insides|
|Add Date:||2009-09-27||Pull Date:||2009-11-29|
|Week Ending:||15 Nov||8 Nov||11 Oct||4 Oct|
|1.||Oct 16, 2016:||Pumping Iron |
|4.||Nov 15, 2011:||There and Back Again |
Light Through The Veins
|2.||Jul 04, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
A Drifting Up
|5.||Jun 18, 2011:||There and Back Again |
|3.||Apr 29, 2012:||There and Back Again |
|6.||Nov 13, 2009:||Hipster Garbage |
Jon Hopkins – Insides|
Really beautiful experimental/downtempo/chillout music. This could easily be the soundtrack to a deep pretentious movie at times and a grindy dance floor anthem at times. The fact that he helped produce the latest Coldplay album makes me like this slightly less. Nonetheless, play it. FCC Clean.
1. (2:35) Sustained slow chords on stringed instruments fades into chill ambient at end.
2. (4:42) Light stormy sounds like trouble’s brewing. Mysterious piano melody and downtempo beats. Abrupt change to typical electronic music sounds towards the end.
3. (4:38) Thumpy deep bass with light female whispers. Xylophone melody sounds pretty Twilight Zone-ish.
4. (4:41) Light Woobly sounds progress into more defined synth. Consistent beats.
5. (5:11) Ambient with electronic glitches and lethargic piano. Begins spaz out 2:40 minutes left and returns to ambient.
6. (9:19) Playful synth sounds build up (it’s a long build up) to a “happier” tone if you will, though the title probably gave that away.
7. (6:35) A somber synth progression into bouncy electronic sounds, tone becomes more inquisitive?
8. (1:41) Beautiful, sparse and slow piano piece.
9. (6:27) Droney reverby synth note with more electronic wooblings evolves to ambient chill out.
10. (2:40) Slow, uplifting piano piece. Like it could score the montage scene at the end of a movie where you find out all the character’s fates. WARNING: Ends with about 40 seconds of silence after some rustling sounds.
|1.||The Wider Sun||6.||Light Through The Veins|
|2.||Vessel||7.||The Low Places|
|4.||Wire||9.||A Drifting Up|
|5.||Colour Eye||10.||Autumn Hill|