|Dub Terror / Dub Terror|
|Add Date:||2009-05-31||Pull Date:||2009-08-02||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||2 Aug||26 Jul||19 Jul||12 Jul||5 Jul||28 Jun||21 Jun||14 Jun|
|1.||Thu, 21 May 15:||lionel hutz|
|4.||Thu, 13 Aug 09:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|2.||Sat, 17 May 14:||Eme O|
|5.||Sat, 08 Aug 09:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|3.||Sat, 19 Dec 09:||Sadie O.|
Best Disorders of 2009
|6.||Sat, 01 Aug 09:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
Reviewed by Sadie O., 5/28/09
British electronic dub/dubstep with some fine guest vocals. Runs the gamut from quite rootsy (track 2) to pretty grimy (12) as well as weebly dub and game sounds. Something for everyone – as long as you dig British electronic dub…
No FCCs detected. I like 2 and 6 best, but everything apart from the interludes is worth a play.
1. 1:08 sound collage with deep processed vocals, drips, orchestra tuning.
2. 4:38 ****very pretty midtempo dub bubble with melodica/synth. Vocal quaver a la Jacob Miller. Nice.
3. 4:09 **processed speech and electronics intro, then extremely slow electronic dub with whirrs and weebles, few vocals.
4. 0:17 random noises
5. 4:35 ***downtempo simple skank with vocoder vocals – however, the vocoder is actually used fairly creatively so it’s not annoying. Bwoinky electronic dub – very gnarly indeed.
6. 4:41 ****downtempo skank with rant about technology, several voices.
7. 5:46 ***menacing tweets and hums. What does it all mean??? Well! It gets even MORE menacing. March of the Large Disturbing Futuristic Things. Instrumental. Weebles!
8. 0:12 bit of stuff
9. 4:40 ***very slow weebly dub, aggressive female vocals by Warrior Queen.
10. 4:40 **terribly melancholy, slow dub with “melodica”, percussion.
11. 0:16 wee bit o’ grime
12. 4:24 **Rasta preaching intro, slow weebly dub skank, a couple of DJs, grimy dubstep.
13. 3:51 **game sounds and natural sounding instrumentation, pretty downtempo bubble.
|1.||Final Judgment||7.||31st Century|
|2.||Shinobi||8.||The Plucky Italian (Interlude)|
|3.||Digital Teror||9.||Reload Warrior|
|4.||Stormloop Lightning (Interlude)||10.||Push The Tempest By|
|5.||Mr. Terror||11.||Supa Dupa Style|
|6.||Technology||12.||Turn The Tide|