|Moses, Rakalam Bob / Father's Day B'hash|
|Album:||Father's Day B'hash||Collection:||Jazz|
|Artist:||Moses, Rakalam Bob||Added:||May 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-06-28||Pull Date:||2009-08-30||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||Aug 30||Aug 23||Aug 16||Aug 9||Aug 2||Jul 26||Jul 12||Jul 5|
|1.||Jan 15, 2022:||Music Casserole |
A Pure And Simple Being, Exhalation #2 (Peace)
|4.||Aug 23, 2009:||Transmission Overload |
Exhalation #3 (Fire Breath)
|2.||Mar 16, 2013:||Music Casserole |
Exhalation #1 (Love)
|5.||Aug 22, 2009:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Aug 28, 2009:||Memory Select - Joe Maneri Edition |
|6.||Aug 21, 2009:||Memory Select |
Drums For Shompa Lodro
RAKALAM BOB MOSES: Father’s Day B’hash |
FREE JAZZ – Pioneering drummer, on the scene since the 1960s, leads a nine-piece ensemble through intense, often spiritual free improv and some crazy compositions. But a tight-knit band keeps even the wildest stretches (and this does get wild!) sounding cohesive and directional.
* * * * | All tracks have power. Fo’s Picks: 2, 3, 7, 9
1. 12:22 – free improv: full, billowing sound; expands slowly with primal cries, diffuses into churning rhythmic splashes, calm resolution.
2. 9:03 – dense improv: horn riffs inside a furious monotone scribble, then complex interplay over high-speed drumming, calms down
3. 8:55 – prepared piano sprays notes around, then whole band goes nuts!!!
4. 2:46 – slow, spiritual sound: ballad melody amidst swirling winds
5. 5:40 – speedy drum solo, tones & patterns reminiscent of tablas
6. 10:30 – spiritual improv, relatively calm: jazz ideas drift in/out, agitated end
7. 6:50 – quasi-unison theme into thick, chattering group improv
8. 3:12 – otherworldly creaks & groans… downright creepy!
9. 12:06 – tribal: kalimba chorus, vocalizations, water sounds lay foundation for burgeoning mass meditation, very spiritual vibe here
[ Fo ] 06/27/09
|1.||Exhalation #1 (Love)||5.||Drums For Shompa Lodro|
|2.||Exhalation #3 (Fire Breath)||6.||Exhalation #2 (Peace)|
|3.||Pollack Springs||7.||Our Life|
|4.||Father's Day Celebration||8.||Duet For Violin And Squeaky Door|
|9.||A Pure And Simple Being|