|Various Artists / Break Thru Radio Vol. 1|
|Album:||Break Thru Radio Vol. 1||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-11-08||Pull Date:||2010-01-10|
|Week Ending:||29 Nov||22 Nov||15 Nov|
|1.||Wed, 19 May 10:||DJ Nickname|
Proles Take Over!
|4.||Tue, 12 Jan 10:||Bear on the Roof|
The Rock Lobster
|2.||Tue, 30 Mar 10:||Bear on the Roof|
The Rock Lobster
|5.||Fri, 27 Nov 09:||DJ Truc|
|3.||Thu, 14 Jan 10:||DJ Nickname|
Songs about Music
|6.||Fri, 27 Nov 09:||DJ Truc|
The Regular DJ Doesn't Have It
Smashin’ collection of upcoming indie artists. These are all live tracks recorded in the Break Thru Radio studios. Lots of exciting stuff here—tends to be a lot on the “Urban Outfitters” side of indie—not too experimental, but still quality. A lot of these bands are still relatively unknown, so help make them famous. Be a part of music history. Play this CD! |
FCC: 8, 11, 13
Best Tracks: 10, 5, 4, 2, 3
1. Slow-tempo beginning turns into a ruckus-rock rampage. Lots of layered vocals and interesting woodwind section.
2. Slow tempo electronic song with harp playing. Beautiful emotional female vocals.
3. Fiest-esque female piano ballad with backup female vocals. Lots of high, wispy notes. Dreamy.
4. Sweet syrupy acoustic guitar song. Great layered vocals. Lots of wavering emotion.
5. Jaunty piano-driven with bold exciting vocals. Lots of start-stop dynamics and cheery pop sounds.
6. Very spacey slow piano and guitar song with gruff (male?) singing. Bluesy.
7. Accordions, strummy strings and kick-drums give this a mid-tempo Celtic sound. It also sounds a lot like the Decemberists.
8. Slow piano ballad with pained singing.
9. Acoustic plucky folk song.
10. Very upbeat SUPER-catchy pop song. Great strings section and percussive guitar playing. Nice smooth vocals.
11. Funky romping song. Lots of soul here. Great display of wide vocal range.
12. 2 minutes of talking introduction, and dedication to Jeff Buckley. Then about 3 minutes of very intricate complex acoustic guitar work.
13. Electro upbeat. Lots of synth. Eclectic lyrics, lots of drug use and even some la-la-la’s for good measure.
14. Hard-rocking guitar solo session with very sharp drumming. Every few minutes, there are some traditional dub beats, but then it’s back to the slamming guitar. Gnarly. (Instrumental)
15. 10+ minutes of bebop jazz, with intricate solos.