|Novalima / Coba Coba Remix|
|Album:||Coba Coba Remix||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2009-07-19||Pull Date:||2009-09-20||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||20 Sep||13 Sep||6 Sep||30 Aug||23 Aug||16 Aug||9 Aug||2 Aug|
|1.||Fri, 23 Nov 18:||Mr. Bones|
Hanging in the bone yard
|4.||Sat, 12 Sep 09:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|2.||Sat, 19 Sep 09:||The Abrahammer|
|5.||Tue, 08 Sep 09:||Dannaman|
|3.||Wed, 16 Sep 09:||Sunshine|
Getting Over the Hump
|6.||Tue, 08 Sep 09:||Don Farrell|
Stimulus Radio at the Cafe Bohemian
Afro-Peruvian percussion-based dance/funk, remixed by all sorts of top ranking club producers. We’ve already had the original come through earlier this year, now check out the remixed – beefy, dubby, funky as heck.|
No FCCs detected. I like 4 and 11 best, but everything’s great.
1. 5:21 ***grunt, trumpet flourish, then uptempo funk groove, sparse instrumentation but extremely danceable, joyful sounding.
2. 5:01 ***uptempo reggae bubble, heavily dubbed, interesting progression, nice percussion, bits of pretty female vocals.
3. 6:35 ***uptempo syncopated makossa with lots of percussion, swingy and club/dancey. Instrumental, dubby.
4. 4:55****midtempo funky percussion, farty electronics, a bit of Afro-Caribbean vocals, but mostly funky dance groove – azucar!
5. 3:42 ***Latin percussion, blats, a bit subdued but a lot danceable.
6. 6:09 ***uptempo funky drums, other instruments start to come in after 30 seconds. Keeps building – a bit sparse and dubby, a bit clubby.
7. 4:56 ***midtempo percussion with reverb – mostly percussion and vocal shouts, with a bit of electronics .
8. 5:13 **lounge jazz vibe, slow soul jazz, reverby and slightly dubby.
9. 2:57 ***sweet female vocals and male response for 30 seconds, then dubby bass and percussion, midtempo, swingy.
10. 2:52 ***downtempo Latin reggae, pretty female vocals.
11. 5:36 ****silence for a couple of seconds, then beautiful middle eastern strings, then midtempo 4/4 with both middle eastern and Latin overlay. Mysterious vibe, very cool. Builds speed furiously at end.
12. 5:04 **reverby electronics intro, bits of speaking, funky midtempo percussion. Completely different vibe from the version in track 1. Long fade.
13. 5:44 ***Latin percussion, uptempo. Makossa vibe, highly syncopated. Just barely bits of dubbed up other elements.
14. 5:07 ***lots and lots of percussion, yells, bits of electronics. Sparse, but still a lot going on. Builds into some serious ear candy in second half.