|Discovery / Lp|
|Add Date:||2009-08-30||Pull Date:||2009-11-01|
|Week Ending:||1 Nov||25 Oct||11 Oct||4 Oct||27 Sep||20 Sep||6 Sep|
|1.||Feb 16, 2017:||All Passion No Technique |
|4.||Jun 14, 2014:||Saturday Mix |
I Want You Back
|2.||Feb 10, 2015:||Radio Personality |
|5.||Nov 14, 2013:||All Things Go |
|3.||Aug 16, 2014:||Trail Mix |
|6.||Sep 25, 2013:||second meeting, take 2 |
Discovery - Discovery LP|
This is a side project between some guy in Vampire Weekend and another guy in Ra Ra Riot. Combines elements of indie rock, funk, and at times sounds like a mainstream pop/rap track in a self-conscious mocking way. Sounds like they're messing around, having fun and not taking themselves too seriously. For fans of Passion Pit and The Dirty Projectors.
Reviewed by Truc
1. (3:31) Slow-mid tempo. clashing cymbals (?) overdubbed vocals. This sounds like it could be on commercial radio. Lyrics are pretty lol (in a good way!).
2. (4:02) ** Slow-mid tempo. Bloopy electronic stuff, like arcade sounds. Vocals are pretty good.
3. (2:23) Slow-mid. Sounds like a tongue-in-cheek parody of Justin Timberlake or something.
4. (2:40) Slow grindy beat. Guest vocals from Angel (female) of The Dirty Projectors. Lots of delays, loops. Choppy vocals.
5. (3:13) *** Mid-fast bouncy choppy song. More starting and stopping vocals echoes and overproduced sound.
6. (2:38) Tinkly synth, lots of blippy and bloopy stuff.
7. (3:07) Bouncing bass beat, intro sounds like mainstream pop/hip hop with an electobeat. Slows down and rises again.
8. (3:26) *** Jackson 5 cover. More overproduced sounds. Way overdubbed vocals with echo. This song would be amazing if you're on ecstasy.
9. (2:34) Thumping and clapping mid-tempo.
10. (2:28) Synthy funky beat, slow harmonized vocals.
|1.||Orange Skirt||6.||Swing Tree|
|2.||Osaka Loop Line||7.||Carby|
|3.||Can You Discover?||8.||I Want You Back|
|4.||I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend||9.||It's Not My Fault (It's My Fault)|
|5.||So Insane||10.||Slang Tang|