|Fort Knox Five / Radio Free Dc Remixed|
|Album:||Radio Free Dc Remixed||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Fort Knox Five||Added:||08/2009|
|Add Date:||2009-08-16||Pull Date:||2009-10-18|
|Week Ending:||18 Oct||11 Oct||4 Oct||27 Sep||20 Sep||13 Sep||6 Sep||30 Aug|
|1.||Jul 31, 2017:||Happy Hour |
The Fk Strut (Qdup Foundation Remix)
|4.||Jan 26, 2013:||New World Disorder |
Sao Funky (Thomas Blondet Remix)
|2.||Jul 31, 2015:||Pumping Iron |
Killa Soundboy (Sub Swara Remix)
|5.||Jan 23, 2013:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon |
(3:45 p.m.) The Fk Strut (Qdup Foundation Remix)
|3.||Jul 16, 2013:||Good Day Sunshine |
How To Start A Band (Torpedo Boyz Remix)
|6.||Jul 17, 2012:||Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon |
Funk 4 Peace (Deekline & Ed Solo Remix), Funk 4 Peace (Nick Thayer Remix)
Fort Knox Five – Radio Free DC Remixed|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/12/09
16 flavors of FUNK, baybee! From disco and Blaxploitation to rave and dubstep – and from Washington DC – remixed for your comfort and enjoyment. All tracks terrific – I’ve marked em according to my tastes, but that’s arbitrary, so give em all a listen and see what you like.
FCCs – I only heard a “shit” very much in passing on Track 1. A lot of vocals are pretty garbled and processed and accented…
1. 3:12 FCC (single brief “shit”) ***funky hand percussion, scratching, old school hip hop with several voices. Great beat, fun sound.
2. 3:21 ****a bit downtempo, funky syncopated electronics. Nice!
3. 3:48 ***uptempo, totally old school funk – almost P-funk.
4. 3:39 ****midtempo, syncopated, with hand a bit of Latin percussion. In Spanish, I think, despite the title.
5. 3:49 ****midtempo funk ‘n’ blats. Hooray!
6. 4:10 **uptempo 2/2 thump with a bit of rave and a bit of disco, electronica.
7. 3:20 ****odd banging syncopation for what otherwise sounds like Dancehall. Uptempo, feat. Sub Swara on vocals. Gets way groovier halfway along.
8. 4:31 ***downtempo, classic funk beat with a modern twist, Dancehall vocals.
9. 6:01 ***midtempo rave beat, processed spoken samples, blats. Also some killer bass and handdrums, etc.
10. 5:32 **Latin percussion cowbell, complex instrumental groove with horns and just a soupcon of Blaxploitation.
11. 4:11 **midtempo disco groove. 70’s flashback!
12. 5:54 **electronic whooshes, then uptempo rave with a bit of sound collage, a bit dub reggae, inscrutable singing.
13. 4:31 **funky uptempo hip hop, scratching and electronics and old school vocals. More complex than track 1.
14. 3:16 **uptempo electronic dance with lots of electronic whizzing. Completely different beat from track 2. Added female hip hop vocals.
15. 4:52 ***Farts! Midtempo limping insect dance with sound effects. Grotty!
16. 3:58 ****uptempo, more Blaxploitation than track 11’s disco leaning. Super funky, with bits of blattiness.