|Mckeown, Susan & Lorin Sklamberg / Saints & Tsadiks: Rare Yiddish And Irish Songs|
|Album:||Saints & Tsadiks: Rare Yiddish And Irish Songs||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Mckeown, Susan & Lorin Sklamberg||Added:||Aug 2009|
|Label:||Harmonia Mundi Usa|
|Add Date:||2009-10-11||Pull Date:||2009-12-13||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Dec 13||Dec 6||Nov 22||Nov 15||Oct 25||Oct 18|
|1.||Mar 17, 2015:||That's Not Bluegrass |
|4.||Dec 08, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Dec 12, 2009:||On The Warpath |
|5.||Dec 05, 2009:||Music Casserole |
The Rattlin' Bog
|3.||Dec 08, 2009:||that's not bluegrass |
The Hag With The Money
|6.||Nov 17, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Guitar, fiddle, accordion and the vocals of Irish-born McKeown and Klezmatics’ lead singer Skalmberg. Folk music ranging from dirges to dances, often with unexpected flourishes. In English, Yiddish, Irish. Every track a gem.|
1. Relaxed and sweetly creaky story song. Sad.
2. A tango-infused track w/a rich melodic quality.
3. Celtic percussion, driving w/a toe-tapping dramatic air.
4. Starts slow, picks up. Like an old vaudeville sketch.
5. Slow, traditional anti-war ballad w/a new touch.
6. Toe tapping folk dance with fun vocal duets.
7. Male a cappella like a chant. Mid/slow & haunting.
8. Light Irish folk about a horse fair. Midtempo.
9. Soaring female vocal ode to St. Bridget. Gorgeous.
10. Starts slow, gets into an upbeat round song. Fun.
11. Gentle guitar, sad and lyrical.
12. Mid/upbeat tripping folk dance w/drama. Beautiful.
|1.||Heart's Blood||7.||Father And Son|
|2.||Buenos Aires||8.||Enniscorthy Fair|
|4.||My Little Belly||10.||The Rattlin' Bog|
|5.||Prayer For The Dead||11.||The Dark Slender Boy|
|6.||The Hag With The Money||12.||Yula|