|Beyond The Pale / Postcards|
|Artist:||Beyond The Pale||Added:||09/2009|
|Label:||True North Records|
|Add Date:||2009-10-04||Pull Date:||2009-12-06||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||6 Dec||22 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov||25 Oct||18 Oct||11 Oct|
|1.||Jul 11, 2010:||Emmett's Hour |
|4.||Dec 05, 2009:||Music Casserole |
Back To The Beginning
|2.||Feb 05, 2010:||Memory Select |
|5.||Nov 17, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Feb 02, 2010:||that's not bluegrass |
|6.||Nov 10, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
East European folk (with a touch of jazz) by a Toronto-based band with a playful style, wicked musicianship and a sense of both wacky fun and intense emotion. Violins, accordion, mandolin, clarinet, vocals and more combine to create a rich and original mix. All tracks a delight.|
1. Like a sassy, upbeat blend of the Balkins and Keystone Cops.
2. Slow melodic, quietly dramatic.
3. Crazy fast intro, insistently percussive strings, cool clarinet.
4. Slow and evocative strings, like something from a Fellini film.
5. Sweet string harmonies in a mid/upbeat Klezmer folk stomp.
6. Slow w/husky fem Yiddish vocals. Gorgeous.
7. Upbeat and happy with a bouncy feeling & fabulous playing.
8. Driving and unexpected with more than a hint of jazz.
9. Slow, like chamber music, with a dramatic flair.
10. Snaky midtempo wander with great interplays.
11. Upbeat wiggle w/a Latin spice and a lively groove.
12. Mid/upbeat Romanian swing w/female vocals and warm sound.
13. Clarinet/accordion duet, slow and dramatic. Great playing.
14. Upbeat jam w/some great solos and fun energy.
15. Downtempo, dramatic, w/vocals. Beautiful lullaby-like.
16. Wicked fast dance w/great strings. Yow!
|4.||Kamenetzer||12.||An Old Legend|
|8.||Back To The Beginning||16.||Extra Spicy|