|Mista Pump Killa / Ragga Fogo|
|Artist:||Mista Pump Killa||Added:||09/2009|
|Add Date:||2009-09-27||Pull Date:||2009-11-29||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||29 Nov||15 Nov||1 Nov||25 Oct||18 Oct||11 Oct||4 Oct|
|1.||Nov 28, 2009:||New World Disorder |
|4.||Oct 24, 2009:||New World Disorder |
So Quero Saber
|2.||Nov 13, 2009:||The Songsmith Show |
|5.||Oct 17, 2009:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Oct 31, 2009:||Disorder de los Muertos |
|6.||Oct 10, 2009:||New World Disorder |
So Quero Saber
Deeply weird, very homemade dancehall/ragga from Sao Paolo. Mostly hyperspeed vocals, all in Brazilian Portuguese, so no idea what he’s going on about. Also mostly rather strange sounding – they clearly have their own idea what this ragga stuff is supposed to sound like… No idea about FCCs. I like 9 and 15 best.|
1. 3:08 *scratch ragga riddim, midtempo – very raw, street style.
2. 3:25 ***clapping, then aggressive modern dancehall with falsetto chanting and odd vocals.
3. 3:49 **scratching and siren, martial-sounding uptempo ragga. More quite odd vocals.
4. 4:24 *modern dancehall, complete with vocoder. The other, chanted vocals save it slightly. Includes shoutouts to every dancehall artist in Brazil – including “Mabreeza” – my daughter! Whoo hoo!
5. 2:54 ***midtempo electronic dancehall – minimal but groovy sound.
6. 3:20 **reedy single notes, goofy sound. Hyperspeed vocals, minimalist electronic riddim.
7. 3:24 ***bits of sound collage, midtempo electronic ragga – not much bottom end, but rather groovy wiggle.
8. 2:51 ***odd pseudo-Chinese intro, then rather uptempo minimalist ragga with guest female vocals – rather strange, but that’s cool.
9. 3:29 ****midtempo ragga with grunty bass and pretty chimes – quite a cool sound.
10. 3:03 ***uptempo wiggly electronic riddim, boops, groovy chorus.
11. 3:15 ??may be saying “nigga”, if that makes you uncomfortable… *odd, disjointed uptempo riddim – I don’t really know what you’d call this. What do you think he’s getting at, anyway?
12. 3:58 **very minimalist riddim, mostly percussion. Slide whistles? Odd.
13. 3:18 ***midtempo roots reggae riddim, some electronics, some scratchy old record sounds. Odd. It’s all odd!
14. 4:56 ***yikes! Toy piano, dischordant chanting… I think it’s going to turn out to be reggae when it grows up… nope, I’m wrong, it’s jungle. Huh! I know it’s jungle cause there’s a lion roaring. Ends several seconds early.
15. 3:13 ****Ha! Dum dum dum dada – nuts! Simple bang riddim, lots of crazed voices.
|1.||Ragga Fogo||8.||Estilo Unico|
|2.||Nossa Forca||9.||So Quero Saber|
|5.||Irmao||12.||Ele E Do Gueto|
|6.||Identidade Anonima||13.||Soul Free|
|7.||A Menina E Bandida||14.||Deixa Jao|