|Gambarini, Roberta / So In Love|
|Album:||So In Love||Collection:||Jazz|
|Add Date:||2009-10-25||Pull Date:||2009-12-27||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||20 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov|
|1.||Dec 18, 2009:||The Rent Party |
Get Out Of Town
|4.||Nov 17, 2009:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
You Ain't Nothin' But A Jamf
|2.||Dec 04, 2009:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Day In Day Out
|5.||Nov 13, 2009:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|3.||Nov 27, 2009:||No Cover, No Minimum, No Shoving! |
From This Moment On
|6.||Nov 06, 2009:||No Fo, $5 Surcharge Fee |
So In Love
If I could sing like this my husband would be the happiest man in the world. Ms. Gambarini has a sexy, husky, yet soaring voice with the ability to make the gentlest of vocal shift that keeps even songs you’ve heard a dozen times sounding fresh. This is sophisticated and intelligent music. She is magic, as are her guest stars (James Moody, Roy Hargrove & more). Every track worth a star.|
1. Tragically slow love ballad, soft piano. That’s all you need.
2. Bright upbeat drum gallops the vocals until piano & bass join. Swinging.
3. Midtempo and sunny w/a swinging vibe from the band.
4. Delicious version of a country torch classic. Slow and lyrical.
5. Fun and fresh mid/upbeat take on a chestnut. A sophisticated romp.
6. A slow, sexy torch in her native Italian. Delicious.
7. Beatles medley. Starts slow, gets into a solid jam.
8. Delicately slow a capella shifts into a quartet w/a late night vibe.
9. Tripping Cole Porter classic. Flying drums, bass, keys & vox.
10. Gentle ballad with fragile vocals, subtle work from all.
11. Relaxed and tight w/wonderfully gentle horns & gorgeous vocals.
12. She scats her way into a down & dirty midtempo scold. So cool.
13. Fragile throughout, w/a touch of the cinema. Lyrical & haunting.
14. The classic w/a more sophisticated sense of longing. Tragic.