|Thedubsync / Dub Ex Machina|
|Album:||Dub Ex Machina||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2009-10-04||Pull Date:||2009-12-06||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||6 Dec||29 Nov||15 Nov||1 Nov||25 Oct||18 Oct||11 Oct|
|1.||Sep 30, 2013:||Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC) |
Escape From Ss251
|4.||Aug 04, 2011:||Happy Hour |
|2.||Apr 29, 2013:||Happy Hour |
|5.||Apr 24, 2010:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Nov 21, 2011:||Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC) |
|6.||Mar 04, 2010:||Happy Hour |
Thedubsync – Dub ex Machina|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/2/09
Electronic über-dub from Italy. A trio (programming, percussion and bass), two of whom were in a popular Italian Reggae group, Africa Unite. Very electronic, very woobly, swingy, and with good beats and fine, righteous vocals. Europe is the new Jamaica and Jamaica is the new gangsta slackland….
No FCCs detected. I like 5, 9-10 (together), 11–all tracks are great.
1. 1:28 **relaxed midtempo hand percussion and electronic hums. Gets deeply groovy halfway through.
2. 5:24 **quiet random industrial noises and chat for 20 seconds, then rather downtempo syncopated dancehall, minimalist. British dancehall vocals.
3. 3:33 ***uptempo and aggressive electronic dub skank – great sound.
4. 7:27 ***uptempo dub bounce with just a soupcon of disco-funk sound. Bit of a jungle vibe, instrumental. Grotty electronic throbs midway through.
5. 3:37 ****uptempo dancehall bubble, nice dancehall vocals, electronics, beats…
6. 5:25 ***similar to, and almost continuous from, previous track, but only dubbed bits of vocals – more electronics and dub.
7. 3:54 ***march of electronic woobles, but with bongos. Suddenly goes heavy metal, kinda! Great combination of vocals in second half.
8. 5:53 **thumps and trembles and woobles. Oh my! No vocals, but you can sing along anyway. Neet!
9. 2:30 ****midtempo roots reggae with extra percussion and sung vocals- really nice. Flows right into the…
10. 4:59 ****dub of the previous track (twice as long, and just as nice.)
11. 5:59 *****downtempo dub skank with lotsa woobles, cool vocals. Scary monsters near end.
12. 6:10 ***slow and ponderous electronic whooshes with little beatsies. The beatsies call the whooshes up and invite them to dance. The whooshes ask if they can bring their bongos. OK!
|1.||In My Sync||7.||Rankin Psalm|
|2.||What We Need||8.||Indication Of Step|
|3.||Rub A Dub||9.||Open Up Your Eyes|
|4.||Escape From Ss251||10.||Open Up Your Dub|
|5.||Nah Vote||11.||Killing Vibez|
|6.||Ab 162||12.||The Dub Sabbath|