|Hi-Nobles, The / Shake!|
|Add Date:||2009-10-18||Pull Date:||2009-12-20|
|Week Ending:||20 Dec||13 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov||1 Nov||25 Oct|
|1.||Dec 19, 2009:||Best Disorders of 2009 |
|4.||Nov 28, 2009:||Music Casserole |
Ain't No Sin
|2.||Dec 12, 2009:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Oct 28, 2009:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Dec 05, 2009:||New World Disorder |
Big Black Car
|6.||Oct 23, 2009:||The DJ Never Has It |
Ain't No Sin
The Hi-Nobles – Shake!|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/9/09
60’s-style Garage Soul from the East Bay. Features Greg Avenger on guitar (in a suit and tie no less! I always suspected there was something odd about that boy…) Fine vocals, and lots of farfisa, too – imagine the Animals and Steppenwolf after hanging out at Stax for a few weeks.
No (overt) FCCs detected. All good to great, in a garage kinda way.
1. 2:13 ***midtempo Memphis-style soul.
2. 3:07 ****4/4 garage rock with low soul vocals. Extremely hormonal.
3. 3:33 ****midtempo shuffle with fine, simple bass line.
4. 3:07 ***rather uptempo rocker with double-time chorus.
5. 2:15 ****uptempo romp – this’ll get you out of bed happy in the morning.
6. 3:07 ***uptempo rocker with lots of farfisa, lyrics NOT about sex, for once.
7. 2:44 ***uptempo garage rock, a la Count Five or Standells.
8. 3:09 ***fast - the sort of song go-go boots were made to dance to.
9. 3:08 ***very fast rocker, wonderfully adenoidal vocals. More an order than a statement.
10. 2:37 ***groovy rock with psychedelic guitar.
11. 2:15 ****fast R&B with both farfisa and reverb. Whoo!
12. 6:33 ***big fanfare intro, then fast frug. Get up and shake! Actually two songs, but with only a couple of seconds in between. Second song is a midtempo soul strut. Might as well play em both, hell!
|1.||Soul Sister||7.||Red Eye|
|2.||Ain't No Sin||8.||Shelter|
|3.||Big Black Car||9.||Love Don't Come Around|
|4.||Stings A Bit||10.||Miss Addy|
|6.||International Playboys||12.||Gold Tipped Rhino|