|Recorder / Buttons And Bleeps|
|Album:||Buttons And Bleeps||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-11-15||Pull Date:||2010-01-17|
|Week Ending:||17 Jan||6 Dec||22 Nov|
|1.||Jul 18, 2017:||Waste FM |
|4.||Dec 05, 2009:||lost and found |
|2.||Oct 15, 2010:||Hipster Garbage |
Living On Video
|5.||Nov 20, 2009:||The DJ Never Has It |
Living On Video
|3.||Jan 12, 2010:||Ambient Annoyance |
Mellow electronica, if that exists. Distorted, synthesized, mostly unintelligible vocals throughout. FCC clean, unless someone manages to understand that gibberish. Good starts to songs, but nothing groundbreaking. Might work well as a soundbed for an electronica show. Begs for Daft Punk or The Chemical Brothers to be played after it, to show them how it’s properly done. Try 6,7, or 11.|
The band is from Tulsa, OK, and they define their sound as “sad robot lullabies.” Turns out they also dress up as robots for shows, if that interests you.
1. Poppy electronica opening. Computer programmed voice with a countdown in the middle of the song.
2. Nice bass rhythm at the beginning. Good as a soundbed.
3. Popular, worn-out beat. Loop overused. Vocals and rhythm sound suspiciously familiar. Skip it.
4. Sugary pop beat. Weird video game loop and some sort of wind instrument used throughout.
5. Slow song, one of the only songs with intelligible vocals. Would work on a movie soundtrack.
6. A bit more upbeat than the rest of the songs (Finally!). Runs on a loop. More experimental than the rest of the songs, a bit dark. Computer modem and ticking clock effects near the end.
7. Halting beat. A bit more bass, a stronger beat and it could even be a dance song.
8. Overuse of synth. Not the best track.
9. Background music. Repetitive near the end.
10. Another slightly more upbeat song. Fun poppy beginning that builds. Unintelligible vocals kind of ruin it though, in my opinion.
11. Pleasantly weird, experimental track. Nice and short.
|1.||Wait For Me||6.||Get Down|
|2.||Fax Post Data||7.||Drum Practice|
|4.||Figures||9.||It's Not Right|
|5.||Dance Alone||10.||Living On Video|