|Artist:||Idiom Creak||Added:||Oct 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-11-01||Pull Date:||2010-01-03||Charts:||Electronic|
|Week Ending:||Dec 13||Nov 15||Nov 8|
|1.||Dec 09, 2009:||Brownian Motion
|3.||Nov 07, 2009:||Music Casserole
Fire In Those Hills
|2.||Nov 11, 2009:||Brownian Motion
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/22/09
Sound collage with electronics, acoustic guitar, rather hesitant and processed vocals. I guess I’ll let the one-sheet describe it: “psychedelic trip-hop with cinematic, shoe-gazing emo-rock and gut-intiution.” It also says “abstract-journalism of the uninhabited-hills of music-recording-art.” So THERE. If nothing else, we’re getting good use out of our hyphens.
No FCCs that I could hear. I like 2, 4 and 6. Some of you will REALLY like this.
1. 6:11 **(actually starts two seconds in) very simple acoustic guitar with a bit of hiss in the background, piano tinkles, quavery vocals… After a minute gets going with some exotic sounding flute – very relaxed and pretty. Builds a lot – gets a real beat only in the last minute or so.
2. 4:30 ****another very low-key intro, then very slow beats and buzzy hums, “blues” vocals. Gets a groovy little blues-for-insects beat – I actually find the lyrics hilarious…
3. 3;11 **slow buzzy thump beat with jet bombers, turns midtempo and swingy around a minute along, with a bit of scratching and interesting sounds.
4. 3:40 ***morse code dits and guitar-string harmonics, vibraphone and little forest creatures marching along… Might be about Tourette’s…
5. 4:14 **fade in to downtempo swingy groove and different noises, including ethereal female singing (or something that sounds like it). Several seconds of random drawn out noises at end.
6. 4:19 ***downtempo metronome with soul and sitar. Trance-y yet bitchen.
7. 6:13 *random sounds for 30 seconds, then slow acoustic guitar, and rather depressing vocals, no beat to speak of. Gets an emphatic drum beat for a bit, but stays very depressed. Ends with static.
8. 4:01 *LONG fade-in of unhappy squeeze-box sounds. Little beats and sweet weebles. No vocals. Kinda makes me wanna torture baby bunnies.
9. 5:18 **several seconds before I can even hear the fade-in. very faint acoustic guitar, whizzes. Builds, counterpoint vocals of the same phrases. Bit of fuzzy guitar sound. Very relaxed.
10. 3:55 **slow limping banjo and guitar. No vocals. Kinda sweet.
11. 13:27 long long LONG fade in of random electronic sounds. Some water sounds. No vocals, not really a beat. Just very soft sound collage. I’m afraid this will register as “nothing” to anyone tuning in from their car… Actually gets softer again for most of the song. EXTREMELY ambient…