|Various Artists / Break Thru Radio Vol. 2|
|Album:||Break Thru Radio Vol. 2||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Oct 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-11-29||Pull Date:||2010-01-31|
|Week Ending:||Dec 13||Dec 6|
|1.||May 23, 2011:||You Aren't Going to Sasquatch |
Bear, Take Off Your Sunglasses
|4.||Dec 02, 2009:||Over the Full Moon Hump! |
|2.||Dec 12, 2009:||lost and found |
The Lonely Life
|5.||Oct 18, 2009:||Gumdrop Freight Train |
|3.||Dec 09, 2009:||public noize racket |
Turbulence, Song For Suicide, The Lonely Life
Breakthrough Radio, Vol. 2|
A collection of more of the same "indie" stuff recorded live. You know what I mean.
FCC’s on 5 (fuck).
1. Lo-fi folk rock with harmonica, he does that talk-singing thing.
2. Fuzzy guitars and slurred female vocals, upbeat without being too much.
3. Tinkering on a xylophone, scatting vocals. This song is in French. It’s a simple sweet male/female duet song.
4. This is not a music track. It’s an interview with a comedian.
5. FCC! Soft, just soft vocals and piano and jagged guitars. Picks up at 1:33. Why isn’t Hospice in our A-File?
6.*** Mid paced singer-songwriter folky song. Crooning vocals.
7. Slow somewhat angsty rock song, what did you expect from the title?
8. Brassy spacey jazzsauce instrumental track.
9. Rough and unpolished. I can’t discern what they’re singing at all.
10. Starts with the guy laughing at himself. Acoustic singer-songwriter stuff, like a Barbadian Jack Johnson with soul.
11. Another comedy track. Joke about his mother, marching band.
12. Once in our A-File, this sucks a lot more than the album version. For the hipster crowd. Sounds like New Order and similar to MGMT and the like.
13. Fast-paced guitar driven country. ABRUPTLY cuts out at 1:40 and the rest is silence.
14. Mellow hip-hop by a white guy from Yonkers. Voice is nasal but it’s not terrible.