|Chairlift / Does You Inspire You|
|Album:||Does You Inspire You||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2009-11-15||Pull Date:||2010-01-17|
|Week Ending:||10 Jan||3 Jan||20 Dec||13 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov|
|1.||Sep 22, 2018:||FMF |
|4.||Sep 12, 2013:||second meeting |
|2.||May 01, 2014:||Radio Personality |
|5.||Apr 19, 2013:||FOLKTRONICA |
|3.||Oct 24, 2013:||All Things Go |
|6.||Jun 09, 2011:||Foreign Light (Immune To Me) |
Yes, it’s true. I rescued this from the Amoeba bin. Because it’s SPLENDID. If you liked MGMT and Amazing Baby and your name is not Sir Adam King Of The Militant Hipsters, this record is for you. Retro “big synth” electro indie out of Brooklyn, nee Wesleyan. Vocals a la Suzanne Vega, PJ Harvey or UUVVWWZ. There’s something incredibly 80s about this record. Is it the unabashedly lipsmacky synth pop? The New Order keyboards? The impeccable femme vocals? And then there are the tracks that sound like Loreena McKennitt or Sarah McLachlan circa ‘97. I know, what? It’s uneven, but the starred tracks are worth it. Slick and produced. You know, stuff YIF would hate. That’s why it’s my add.|
try: 6, 8, 4
FCC: 1, 7
1. FCC “shit” slinky/cool. groovy keys loop. vacuumy synth. creeper electro bass. this song is about trash. you know, refuse. rubbish. waste.
2. starts w/bird sounds. draggy, smoky pop drone. big east vibes. vamps a pretty un-enthused “i am feeling great tonight”.
3. barrelling so/fried bass and near-monkish vocals. somewhere between an incantation and a soundtrack for a western.
*4. adorable uptempo pop. ganks the bass bit (and pretty much everything else) from the cure’s “close to me”, but eh, it works. very cute/pretty “ooh”s in the chorus.
5. slow, airy. bells, keys. delicate male/female vocals. pretty.
*6. i really hope this becomes the next “psychic city” at kzsu. laid-back electro swag, machiney drums and slinky video game bass. bizarre undertone call-backs in the chorus. bloody amazing. i can’t stop listening to it.
7. FCC “shit” slow. dark imperial synth. epic, belaboured vocals.
*8. new wave funk. skeazy french lyrics... and english in a hilariously overdone french accent. odd and great.
9. starts w/soft tremolo. minimal vocal-fronted verses. also minimal funk-ish chorus.
10. upbeat and uneventful. faster drums and synth. male vox.
11. slowww 3/4 twang. very upfront isolated vocals. like, so much you expect the mike to crack. pretty, but pretty country.
12. what the hell is going on in this track? fucking random filler music. mostly brass + spaceship noise. bleeds into next track.
13. hard start, if not prefaced by track 12. deep drums, ethereal noise, some vocals. creepy and low.
|2.||Planet Health||8.||Le Flying Saucer Hat|
|3.||Earwig Town||9.||Make Your Mind Up|
|5.||Somewhere Around Here||11.||Don't Give A Damn|
|6.||Evident Utensil||12.||Chameleon Closet|