|Sarazino / Ya Foy!|
|Add Date:||2009-11-08||Pull Date:||2010-01-10||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jan 10||Jan 3||Dec 27||Dec 20||Dec 13||Dec 6||Nov 29||Nov 15|
|1.||Apr 10, 2017:||Happy Hour |
|4.||Nov 09, 2015:||Happy Hour |
Fuera De Babilonia
|2.||Jan 04, 2016:||Happy Hour |
|5.||Apr 29, 2013:||Happy Hour |
|3.||Dec 28, 2015:||Happy Hour |
Noticias Del Enemigo
|6.||Nov 26, 2012:||Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC) |
Sarazino –Ya Foy!|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/27/09
Global Reggae from Equador – led by Lamine Fellah, an Algerian whose diplomat father took the family all over the world, where Fellah picked up musical influences and settled in Equador to tie them all together. Hence, most vocals in Spanish, but the style is simply global. A second vocalist from Benin adds soaring elements, and Toots Hibbert and Blanchito Man guest. Probably the closest artist to this, stylistically, is Mano Chao. Infectious, with positivity vibes. Sweet!
No FCCs detected. I love 3, and 4, 6, 11, 12 are great – it’s all terrific!
1. 3:07 **sweet slightly uptempo bubble, very happy danceable vibe, attractive vocals with bits of Afro-Latin backing vocals.
2. 3:59 ***uptempo rock steady vibe with several vocals, a bit of dub and DJ.
3. 3:45 *****uptempo bubble with a hint of nyahbinghi and a lot of Toots Maytal – awesome! Vocals in English.
4. 4:18 ****very upbeat Reggae dance groove with lots of horns. Try and sit still, go ahead!
5. 3:39 **somewhat uptempo bubble, quite a mix of vocals in Spanish and English. Reminds me somehow of Johnny Clegg & Savuka.
6. 3:42 ****FUN-KAY!!! FUN-KAY!!! Mid-uptempo ska-funk. Hooray! This one has a bit of Mano Chao feel. Maybe that’s why it seems to be in Span-cais?
7. 3:48 **downbeat Latin-Reggae groove, but with some Andalucian feel. Very pretty.
8. 3:23 ***downtempo swingy skank with lots of influences and vocals (including hip hop in English); complex but way cool.
9. 3:24 ***uptempo bubble with a bit of Dancehall feel, guest vocals by Blanchito Man from King Chango.
10. 3:28 ***midtempo upbeat bubble.
11. 3:50 ****woah! More mid-uptempo ska-funk, irresistible sound.
12. 4:33 ****downtempo growly-swingy something great. Wow!
13. 3:18 ***downtempo and swingy funky skank. Farfisa solo!
14. 3:42 ***uptempo hip hoppy skank, very upbeat.
|1.||Iheyo!||8.||?Quien Era Leila?|
|2.||Ecos De Radio Iguana||9.||Mundo Babilon 2|
|4.||Noticias Del Enemigo||11.||No Soy Mandela|
|5.||Desbaratado||12.||One Big World|
|6.||Cochabamba||13.||Fuera De Babilonia|
|7.||Nadia||14.||On Va Tout Changer|