|Woolen Men, The / Pavilion Ep|
|Artist:||Woolen Men, The||Added:||Oct 2009|
|Add Date:||2009-11-22||Pull Date:||2010-01-24|
|Week Ending:||Dec 20|
|1.||Nov 01, 2012:||HELLAWEEN: AWWWW NEW! |
|4.||Jan 30, 2010:||Fun Time Radio |
|2.||Mar 27, 2011:||YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO |
Sea Swell, Land Of Laughs
|5.||Dec 16, 2009:||Total Pops Madness |
|3.||Mar 25, 2011:||YOUTH DEMOGRAPHIC RADIO |
Once Over Twice, Sea Swell
Woolen Men, The/Pavilion EP|
Low-fi indie rock from the Northwest of our country. The first two tracks have decent hooks that make for good songs but in most of the album the instrumentation is too simple to hold anything together. The first two work well for that reason, riding on the good jangly guitars and decent drums. 3 really only picks it up at the end, but it contains some of the best playing from the band. 1-3 are very fun and > the rest. No FCCs detected but vocals are kinda washed out and hard to make out.
1) **James Kochalka-style vocals, only a bit more earnest and subdued. mild-tempo song about accepting world's flaws as adult
2) **lala vocals and simple guitar keeps pace, more complex picking in middle
3) *breakup song whose pathos doesn't go with band very well; with a minute to go vocs drop out and killer baseline brings it all back... uptempo towards end...
4) other, bad, singer takes over, backed up in parts by original real low-fi vocs. don't play this
5) Never get it together here, disjointed guitars that sound okay but drums are just in the way...bad...
6) Slow, lumbering song about dogs, particularly low-fi.
|1.||Land Of Laughs||4.||Today|
|2.||Sea Swell||5.||Voulez Vous|
|3.||Once Over Twice||6.||Dogs|