Cutting Edge French Electronica
A- (3 Stars) Review by Ranger Rick 1/14/2009
RIYL: Daft Punk, Hudson Mohawke
Experienced French Producer Pascal Nicolas' long awaited album. intense layers of Analog synthesizers and drum kits. Exceptional how most tracks last around 4 minutes. Top notch. love it.
====== PLAY 9, 4, 7, 2 : No FCCs =======
1. ** (4:03) Intros a melody that returns on track 9
2. *** (3:52) Futuristic Disco Sound w/ nice fem vox
3. ** (4:26) Thumping bass with robot synths & sounds
4. *** (3:39) Simple Robot vox are refreshing & catchy.
5. * (5:25) More complex / epic using a big synth sound. Includes glitchy fem vox.
6. ** (3:50) The title says it all "Terminateur Benelux" Phat low-end synth sounds w/ "woo-hoo's" and drums.
7. *** (4:25) Touching melody over synth and electro. CLUB TRACK for the dance floor.
8. * (3:08) Slower, more chilled, instrumental
9. **** (4:05) Wait until u hear d beat drop after the breakdown. piano, synths & sprinkling of vox.
10. * (3:26) Darker sound with spoken distorted vox. Absolutely samples Atari Pole Position crash sound.
11. ** (3:36) Glitchy robotic voices over nice synth melody.
12. * (4:46) Watch out for the spooky low end synthesizer noise! It might get you!
13. (0:34) Ambient chatter at a party.